Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #11 Matt Smith in Series 7 costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A must have. I like the second pic better. Will they get Mat to sign for this I be a well?

New pic of this figure with the Capaldi sculpt it will come with.

10557230_10202600971047833_2577541809771874999_n.jpg

I'm a bit underwhelmed by it myself, something just seems off somehow, but I can't quite put my finger on what.

Hopefully once better pics emerge they will put my mind at ease and prove my initial concerns unfounded, but right now just not really feeling it, no matter how much I may want to.

I'm loving that Capaldi head! It presents better closer up because of the reflection on the eyes, but it looks great.

I am starting to get really excited about this figure. Between the fez, the great costume, Handles, and the extra Capaldi head, I can't think of a cooler preorder we have ever had.

I am starting to get really excited about this figure. Between the fez, the great costume, Handles, and the extra Capaldi head, I can't think of a cooler preorder we have ever had.

Agreed! This is an incredible package. I also love it for a slightly weird reason - I love action figures in unusual colours and there are nowhere nearly enough characters with purple outfits.

OK. So, this is coming with my fave 11th outfit, the fez, Handles AND Capaldi HS !! I'm in all the way. Now, get Mr. Capaldi on the signature plate and they couldn't make it any sweeter.

Yeah for a variant/alternate release almost all of it so far seems to be brand new additions. You can say a lot of things, but Big Chief skimping on putting together quality sets isn't one of them.

So how many Who products have been previewed now, that are still yet to go up for order?
- Matt Smith purple suit Doctor (with additional Capaldi head)
- Smiling Tom Baker head sculpt
- TARDIS

Is that it, or have I missed something?

Plus we've had word that a Tennant variant is in the pipeline, as well as plans for Eccleston, Troughton and Pertwee.

They really seem to be starting to ramp things up now...

The alternate head sculpt release that they are producing as a standalone addition for the Fourth Doctor:

attachment.php

I imagine the Fourth Doctor wasn't considered a big enough seller to justify a full on variant release, so they announced back in June or something that they'd be releasing a smiling head sculpt sometime later in the year. Haven't heard anything more since, though.

Wow!! That is actually very good. I'm ok with the current head, but that is a whole lot more like Tom.

Looking at the picture on that sign up page I would say that coat is all wrong, completly the wrong sort of material it's way to thick and wooly.

If anyone doesn't want this figure but would like the Capaldi head let me know, I would sell that once the figure is in hand.

And signed up for preorder. This is a great package.
Already got a plan for the spare head. Capaldi is seen in the orange space suit later. I won't say more or spoil anything. So... I recently used a HT TT figure and adapted the gloved hands at head sculpt of a 1:6 CO 10th Doctor to create a more physically rigid space suit Doctor. So...(again).. I replace the DT head, and I'll replace it with PC. I'll have him holding the helmet.
And of course, this can only mean a fairly rapid release of an actual PC 12th Doctor (signature edition) figure.

Back