Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #11 Matt Smith in Series 7 costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I like the smiling sculpt better because it is Tom's trademarked teeth and curls much more than the deer-in-headlights one it came with. If there ever was a figure that demanded 2 headsculpts to capture an iconic range of expressions, it's Tom.

Well I like the smiling sculpt better because it is Tom's trademarked teeth and curls much more than the deer-in-headlights one it came with. If there ever was a figure that demanded 2 headsculpts to capture an iconic range of expressions, it's Tom.
There isn't anything wrong with the old Tom sculpt, if you like the new one better just buy it...I'm sure it won't be super expensive.

Do I wait for the full Capaldi release or grab this one while I can!? ....decisions decisions.... I do love the severed Cyberman head as an accessory.

I'm still hoping (probably in vain) that Tom's smiling head sculpt will be packaged with K-9. It'd be a perfect opportunity to give us the tin dog, especially with a variant Tom release being off the table. Doubt it'll happen, but I'd love it if it did.

Wonder when the Matt variant goes up, can't be too far away, given they've already done the sign up thing...

He does do conventions so there's always the option of actually meeting him and getting it signed.
I live in Greece so it isn't that likely for the time being. But this Christmas our school might be going to England for the 5 day trip, so who knows, maybe I'll turn out to be lucky!

I live in Greece so it isn't that likely for the time being. But this Christmas our school might be going to England for the 5 day trip, so who knows, maybe I'll turn out to be lucky!

If that doesn't work out maybe you can find someone to get it signed for you? I'm sure there are some people out there that wouldn't mind doing it.

Big Chief's new site is up, looks like they have taken a leaf out of Sideshow's book, which is no bad thing, and so far it looks like they have done a very nice job on it...apart from the fact that I can't seem to log into my account. :lol

Still, it's much more professional looking, and a lot more intuitive and easier to navigate so far. And hopefully the back end with the user account and ordering systems are equally well tuned. Got a good feeling they will be. Looks like Big Chief might have finally overcome one of their biggest hurdles, and kudos to them for doing so.

Oh, and they have a few blog posts up, too. The Capaldi head in the behind the scenes pic looks pretty damn good (like Sideshow, looks like they could use a hand in how they shoot their promotional images):

blog-feature-2014-260814.jpg

That Capaldi head is spectacular! I can't wait! I might even display the figure with that head until we get him in his standard costume.

Back