Hobbit DOS DVD & Erebor Statue set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened mine up, they look good. Mine are a bit more green than expected so I may repaint them to get more detail to show.
Great bookends for you Tolkien stuff though. :)

One complaint though is how cheap the axe heads are placed. I opened mine and one axe head was off position. That is I believe they just epoxied the axe heads in place, and it can get wobbly.

BE_zps3aa8a282.jpg

So I started re-doing these. Lots of detail and little polystone globs to clean out.
The axe heads are a combo of materials. I think that's why they're kinda flimsy.

Will post pics when done.

For members in europe : a dutch site is offering them Its a legit online store price is a bit steap.
99 euro.

Bol.com just type the hobbit desolation of smaug in the zoek bar And there u have them!

I just watched Desolation of Smaug again and thought the foundry in Erebor would make a great environment, or any part really. Weta did make a Moria environment that was OK, but there is so much more detail in Erebor. Laketown might be interesting with the water...
But of course Dol-Guldur first... :)

I just watched Desolation of Smaug again and thought the foundry in Erebor would make a great environment, or any part really. Weta did make a Moria environment that was OK, but there is so much more detail in Erebor. Laketown might be interesting with the water...
But of course Dol-Guldur first... :)

I agree on all those points!

I would love to get a Rivendell sized Lake-town piece and something similar to Moria for Erebor. I'd buy those in a second.

I would love to get a Rivendell sized Lake-town piece and something similar to Moria for Erebor. I'd buy those in a second.

Laketown would be a great piece if it was done like Rivendell. Hope they do more environments from the Hobbit films (especially Dol Guldur, although personally I would like to see Beorn's House and Radagast's Rhosgobel house too!)... also one I really really would like them to make is the Green Dragon Inn - just think it would look so nice next to Bag End!! :)

These would be my favorite environments as well together with Dol Guldur and Thranduil's palace, maybe in Moria style? It would be interesting to see how Weta would handle this enviro...

Laketown would be a great piece if it was done like Rivendell. Hope they do more environments from the Hobbit films (especially Dol Guldur, although personally I would like to see Beorn's House and Radagast's Rhosgobel house too!)... also one I really really would like them to make is the Green Dragon Inn - just think it would look so nice next to Bag End!! :)

I think we will get a few of those. A lot may depend on how this one sells.

I'm all for more Hobbit environments (enviros in general) but definitely hope Weta doesn't forget LOTR. Still need to a MT to balance out BD. Lake Town would make a great one though, that and Erebor are what the Hobbit is all about. Thranduils halls would be cool too. I wonder if Weta even considered helms from the Hobbit. Hopefully once the last move gets released and the dwarves are all dressed up in armor that'll prompt Weta to produce some more dwarven helms. THAT would kick all kinds of ass.
It seems doable... :)

A Weta sized Minas Tirith is a must IMO. It would be something I'd buy without a second thought. They might but I don't know if they will do more because the fact that people were unhappy the last one wasn't metal.

A Weta sized Minas Tirith is a must IMO. It would be something I'd buy without a second thought. They might but I don't know if they will do more because the fact that people were unhappy the last one wasn't metal.

Yah, that general's helm wasn't the same as all the others. One can only hope.
MT will be huge. There'll be an announcement from Weta when that happens.

You could tell when you held it but otherwise it looks every bit as good on the shelf IMO. All metal would be too expensive I think today. I expect it would be. It would look so damn cool.

I think Weta has got the message about MT and they are going to do one eventually. I don't think it will be this year, one can only hope for 2015!

Back