ELVIS1976 - LOTR custom thread•ARAGORN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ELVIS1976 - LOTR custom thread•GIMLI•GANDALF•LURTZ•MORIA ORC

Finished my Boromir. Next Legolas :)

IMG_1465_zps86caf154.jpg

IMG_1455_zps31214a91.jpg

IMG_1456_zps1eaa6365.jpg

IMG_1458_zpsf3d80b82.jpg

IMG_1460_zps3d29097e.jpg

Re: ELVIS1976 - LOTR custom thread•GIMLI•GANDALF•LURTZ•MORIA ORC

DAMN! Don't you sleep? Max, Wez, now this...

Perfect -- absolutely perfect! Love that cape too. The royalty of the purple pops! And the hair looks very natural there. BEAUTIFUL work!!! :clap

Re: ELVIS1976 - LOTR custom thread•GIMLI•GANDALF•LURTZ•BOROMIR (finished)

awesome

Elvis what have you done?! If Asmus ever releases a Boromir it will look like crap now. :wink1:

LEGOLAS work in progress. This was one of the most difficult hairing. Cause you see the entire front roots so it needed to be natural and super clean. Head was resculpted SS Legolas by Darren Carnall and painted by me.

IMG_0014_zpsd0a833d0.jpg

IMG_0018_zps72b4f40b.jpg

Wow! Legolas looks awesome. Fantastic hair job. Too bad Asmus is sticking with the sculpted hair, cause this looks great.

Re: ELVIS1976 - LOTR custom thread•GIMLI•GANDALF•LURTZ•BOROMIR•LEGOLAS

Elvis you are the King of customs, my favs are Boromir and Lurtz :) How many hours a day do you work on your figures?

Elvis you are the King of customs, my favs are Boromir and Lurtz :) How many hours a day do you work on your figures?

Actually not as much as I would like to.
I have a fulltime job and works from monday to friday from 9am till 7pm. So a few hours here and there and the weekends when i'm not busy doin things with my kid :)

You must have fast skills, and an even faster lifestyle ;)
When rooting do you glue, or drill tiny holes too for the hair? thanks, its something i could not figure out.

Actually not as much as I would like to.
I have a fulltime job and works from monday to friday from 9am till 7pm. So a few hours here and there and the weekends when i'm not busy doin things with my kid :)

I glue strands by strands.
I begin with the back of the head, the side, top of the head and then the front. After I fine tune the hairline to be as smooth as possible.
This one took me 2 hours.

Believe me or not the most difficult isn't gluing them it's style them after.

Wow, ok that helps thanks Elvis. I fancied doing a big moustache for a Fable custom too, there no getting that wrong

Legolas is now done.
I think I will make the leather shoulder armor he wears at helm deep and makes it a Helm Deep Legolas.

IMG_0073_zps4bb565aa.jpg

IMG_0072_zps050d6a73.jpg

IMG_0071_zpsb093c34d.jpg

IMG_0069_zpsbaa6e22f.jpg

IMG_0066_zps2f436fc5.jpg

LOL :lol it does look a bit like Barney

LklI5AT.jpg

Still, its probably one of the best custom Legolas I've ever seen

Oh Elvis does great work. That's why I specified no disrespect. I just can't look at Legolas and not see a passing resemblance to Barney.

I think my quest for a great Aragorn sculpt has come to an end. I used the head that comes with the SIdeshow Aragorn maquette. Reworked it to fit a body and repainted it. This head has been sculpted by Trevor Grove and imo is the best Aragorn head so far.

IMG_0836_zps93077e02.jpg

IMG_0829_zpsb4ed2ae8.jpg

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! That is perfect. The definitive Aragorn. And your logo is awesome, very old school.

Back