Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl
Reminds me of this:

2941624-metal_gear_rising_vs__dmc__devil_may_cry__ver__2__by_admiralakbar101_d5ebjdb.jpg

And people actually like "Donte" over Dante...

I find the new Dante annoying and juvenile, played some DMC, but quit halfway and I just don't see how come cats thinks it's better than MGR or DMC3/1. Are we really comparing some Western developer with the great Platinum Games? :lol

And people actually like "Donte" over Dante...
DMC is a weird fanbase, just due to opinions. :lol Donte's only redeeming qualities are that he's a little similar to Dante (taunting and being cocky) but other than that, he's far worse. He's like a parody honestly.

@Ryan: Better than MGR? whaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :rotfl 3? 1? 2 I can understand though, 2 is an abomination.

I find the new Dante annoying and juvenile, played some DMC, but quit halfway and I just don't see how come cats thinks it's better than MGR or DMC3/1. Are we really comparing some Western developer with the great Platinum Games? :lol

Better than DMC3...

Egno2IW.gif

DMC3 is still the hack & slash king, but MGRR I'd put directly under it and that definitely revitalized that genre for me.

Next thing you know, people are gonna say PW is better than MGS 3 :cuckoo:

Next thing you know, people are gonna say PW is better than MGS 3 :cuckoo:

IGN's Greg Miller specifically said that. So does a good number of people on Gamefaqs. I'd blame North Korea for setting the standards of weird.

I'll give it credit for the gameplay, it was a blast... although the AI was horrendous (for technical reasons obviously) but the vehicle bosses were WAY too hard for what they were.

I liked that the boss battles were so difficult the 1st time, because afterwards, with the upgrades, it was too easy.

Yeah, and the AI was bad, it was only slightly smarter than MGS1, but in MGS1 works perfectly because of the isometric view.

Well, it wasn't really a bad AI, it was just stupidly short sighted :lol

IGN's Greg Miller specifically said that. So does a good number of people on Gamefaqs. I'd blame North Korea for setting the standards of weird.
Why
just why

Btw speaking of AIs, PW's boss fights are horrible period. The main thing is, they aren't memorable at all! For all it's worth, the more annoying/difficult bosses were memorable like the RAYs from the end of MGS 2, Vamp despite 4's NANOMACHINES! for everything, and Volgin. All of PW's weren't interesting at all. Singing AIs still will weird me out. It's a shame since PW's not too bad a game, and I feel if it was made for consoles, it could be great.

I thought PUPA was pretty memorable, and perhaps my favorite boss fight of them all.

The way to take the AIs down was the pretty much the same though, but I never once got bored or frustrated of them.

Metal Gears gameplay hasn't gotten better than MGS2s for me. That games mechanics were soo tight!
PeaceWalkers was great though, i think the fact it was a smaller game let them tinker with the gameplay more.
And Ground Zeroes felt like a return to form, bringing MetalGear gameplay to the modern era at least imo.
Lets hope TTP can deliver its promise

I'm only at issue #4 and I haven't really found anything that was out of character, what do you mean? It's ok if you spoil I already know the story anyway :lol

I like some of the little liberties taken with the story. Its more specifically his new dialogue, written by Oprisko. It may not be as bad as i recall but if you watch the DGN you can tell he feels like a different guy:

I never liked the Ashley wood artwork thought it was pretty poor and didn't gel well with anything else.

That why I never bought them but I read a few and they were garbage so it was an even easier decision

you gotta admit some of the art captured the atmosphere quite well

dgn_244447270.jpg

metal-gear-solid-bande-dessinee-20060522045837804.jpg

metal_gear_solid_comic.jpg

02.jpg

I also like how he draws BigBoss more. A lot more gritty

Shinkawa is the master. But, I also enjoy Ashley Wood's MGS stuff. He has a knack for using dirty and unrefined sketches to accurately depict the raw emotions of characters

you gotta admit some of the art captured the atmosphere quite well

dgn_244447270.jpg

metal-gear-solid-bande-dessinee-20060522045837804.jpg

metal_gear_solid_comic.jpg

02.jpg

I also like how he draws BigBoss more. A lot more gritty
I have to admit those do fit MGS well. My favorite is the second one, looks almost like it was taken from the game. I can see why people wouldn't like it, with moments like that bit with Sniper Wolf

I like the second one too

Only because it looks like it could be from the game. The rest, not so much... but that's only my opinion

People obviously do like the artwork he has done

Back