Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like some of the little liberties taken with the story. Its more specifically his new dialogue, written by Oprisko. It may not be as bad as i recall but if you watch the DGN you can tell he feels like a different guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PHReMw0zVE

I see what you mean now, he definitely feels different, but I think it has more to do with Hayter's delivery than the writing, the story is the same but the dialogue is different, but I don't think the dialogue in the novel strays too far from the spirit of the story, the way Hayter says his dialogue is a bit overacted and it reminds me to PW a lot, same happens to me when I hear him in TTS, it's just not the same vibe as MGS1, I think MGS1's voice acting is supreme, it has a magic that the remake and the graphic novel weren't able to replicate, Snake is a cold, calculating yet smooth guy in MGS1, but in the other 2 renditions of the game, it feels forced.

Shinkawa is the master. But, I also enjoy Ashley Wood's MGS stuff. He has a knack for using dirty and unrefined sketches to accurately depict the raw emotions of characters

100% agree, he's not a straight forward artist, and I can see why some people would consider him an acquired taste, but his art is by no means poor.

Anyone else have Shinkawa's Pacific Rim Poster?

18thaawkpblvrjpg.jpg

Here is the absolute best quality of the MGS3 E32k3 Trailer you'll ever get. I love this trailer to death and have been waiting for a above average rip from the old MGS promo DVDs,

Tip: Use Keepvid to save the video.

@ryan : Nice...... i love that trailer too, i must save this vid. What about trailer from TGS 2003, is there any good resolution for that trailer too???

@ryan : Nice...... i love that trailer too, i must save this vid. What about trailer from TGS 2003, is there any good resolution for that trailer too???

Here it is, with the black boarders removed. Probably the nicest you'll ever see.

I have the ECTS 2003 trailer on DVD and it beats the quality of anything on Youtube. Maybe I'll learn to rip the file someday.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject, here are some MGS2 trailers in the best quality possible. These stuff are hard to come by in high quality so I would Keepvid them immediately. :lol

E32000

ECTS2000

E32001

I have to say, MGS used to had the best trailers ever made. :lol

Indeed! What happened after MGS4? I found i liked the Ground Zeroes gameplay teaser better than any trailer for MGSV

I see what you mean now, he definitely feels different, but I think it has more to do with Hayter's delivery than the writing, the story is the same but the dialogue is different, but I don't think the dialogue in the novel strays too far from the spirit of the story.

You know what, you're probably right. Re-watching the DGN there's not that much dialogue i hated, like the 1st time.

I like the second one too

Only because it looks like it could be from the game. The rest, not so much... but that's only my opinion

People obviously do like the artwork he has done

Whats your pick for alternate comic book artist? I remember think it would be a Japanese artist like Katsuya Terada. If American i wanted Jim Lee or David Mack

Here it is, with the black boarders removed. Probably the nicest you'll ever see.

I have the ECTS 2003 trailer on DVD and it beats the quality of anything on Youtube. Maybe I'll learn to rip the file someday.

Hmmm..... not trailer that i'm looking for, trailer that i'm looking had Snake Eater song in the beginning and continued by "Troops in Gathering" music, CQC sequences just like in press start button screen of MGS3 game, and words "How would like your snake?... Rare? Well done?... We recommend Solid... You decide. You're the eater". :lol
If the trailer that i was looking is ECTS 2003, i will waiting your ripvideo. :rotfl I had that trailer but in low resolution.

Weird to look back knowing. Origin meaning the original man, not the clone. There's also more Kojima trickery in the fact that the trailer says you get to only play as Snake again, yet it isn't the Snake that everyone wanted back :lol

While we're on the subject, here are some MGS2 trailers in the best quality possible. These stuff are hard to come by in high quality so I would Keepvid them immediately. :lol

E32000

ECTS2000

E32001

I have to say, MGS used to had the best trailers ever made. :lol

Imo they still do have the best trailers.

MGS4 is where it ends for me for trailers, anything after I didn't have any excitement over.

I love these early MGS4 trailers. But the later ones also have classic MGS greatness

Wait a minute.. Anyone else see that MGSVs graphics aren't as good as this teaser trailer!?

a_sad_face.jpg

or even the original MetalGearSolid Rising??

bought the PS3 HD collections and it arrived today, so should be able to jam over the weekend

Oh boy the more the merrier :hi5:

I heard there's a Limited Edition version of the HD Collection, with an art book. Anyone have it or know what else it came with?

I can live with that, and some mp with the lads

I've played with Sol before, and Ryan's got it too. It would be pretty awesome to get all four of us playing.

Oh boy the more the merrier :hi5:

I heard there's a Limited Edition version of the HD Collection, with an art book. Anyone have it or know what else it came with?

Far as I know the US version only had the box packaging and the artbook but I don't know about the overseas versions.

Wait a minute.. Anyone else see that MGSVs graphics aren't as good as this teaser trailer!?

I just gave that a watch, damn I was so excited for this game to finally come out. I really wish it looked as good as this trailer. The actual game looks very crisp, but it's almost TOO clean looking. I wish this was the head model for Snake in the actual game, doesn't look as ancient.

Back