Son Of Batman: DC Animated Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son of Batman? No. Only Grayson.

How do they ignore his rivalry with Tim? Him beating Tim's ass is a pretty big moment in the comic. It proved he wasn't someone to be taken lightly. He really doesn't have a rivalry with Grayson. They are actually like brothers.

How do they ignore his rivalry with Tim? Him beating Tim's ass is a pretty big moment in the comic. It proved he wasn't someone to be taken lightly. He really doesn't have a rivalry with Grayson. They are actually like brothers.

I dunno. :lol Wasn't in the budget? And be that as it may; it's still worth watching. Go torrent it. :lol

Yup, Court of Owls would be good, and I wouldn't mind Joker's DotF as well.

Blackest Night, I wish...

I'm with you on Blackest Night (Although Sinestro Wars would be awesome) I'd love to see that done but it seems the way they have skipped over most of the major stories & looks like we will be only getting New 52 stuff from here on in.

Throne of Atlantis could be good but I never really enjoyed the Death of the Family stuff so I'd prefer it if they didn't do that & I think I'm in the monority when I say I hated Court of Owls with a passion so if that never gets done then I'd be over the moon

I've not read any of the Green Arrow stuff since the first couple of issues so not sure how good that is but I've heard great things for the arcs past issue 17 or so when the new creative team came on board so might be nice to see that get some love (Wouldn't mind seeing them do Green Arrow Year one & Longbow Hunters as well)

I expect at some point we'll see the Forever Evil arc get the animated treatment which could be good & would need to span a couple of movies I think like the DKR as the side arcs need to be in there somewhere as well IMO

Anyway my copy of this was shipped yesterday so I should have it in hand in a few days & I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Neil

Agreed. I downloaded this movie last week and have watched it 3 times since then. As a fan of On Her Majesty's Secret Service I always loved the dynamic between Batman and Talia. Damien was a great character and this film did him justice. The one-upsmanship between Damien and Grayson was great and, to me, opened the door to the Batman and Robin storyline were Grayson is Batman and Damien is Robin. I loved that Grant Morrison series. It is also fitting that Deathstroke the Terminator, a Robin/Nightwing villain, would be Damien's Joe Chill/Tony Zucco. Bruce Timm and the gang hit another one out of the part.

Just finished watching this and it's surprisingly erm, unremarkable?

The story is predictable, the dynamics and relationship between Bruce and Damian were barely explored and bare bones at best, the voice acting (aside from Nightwing and Alfred) is underwhelming and the score is sleep inducing. I've watched every DC Animated Original Movie and DCAU movies minus Superman Unbound and Justice League War and I'm sad to say, this has to be the worst. Sorry.

^Talia's Bewbs, a redeeming factor.

and there was a scene reminiscent to robocop 1's, "beetches leave" by damian. :lol

Yeah some of their choices have been baffling. They should be focusing on doing stuff that people actually want to see - Killing Joke, Blackest Night, or more things like the upcoming Arkham series tie in. All Star Superman? Superman unbound? Snoozefests. I get MoS had some factor in the Supes projects, but Superman focused movies have pretty much sucked coming from them. The Batman ones have been pretty decent (Red Hood, DKR) but this just doesn't excite me. I'll redbox it when it finally hits there, but only because I've seen everything else so far and redbox usually has a freebie coupon I can use :lol

Just finished watching this and it's surprisingly erm, unremarkable?

The story is predictable, the dynamics and relationship between Bruce and Damian were barely explored and bare bones at best, the voice acting (aside from Nightwing and Alfred) is underwhelming and the score is sleep inducing. I've watched every DC Animated Original Movie and DCAU movies minus Superman Unbound and Justice League War and I'm sad to say, this has to be the worst. Sorry.

I agree 99% with what you said there, the 1% I don't agree is that I'd add O'mara to the good voice acting list, other than that, I felt exactly like you.

I'm surprised you guys have gripes as well. :lol

It just didn't worked for me, and for the love of God, just don't release half baked movies like this anymore, WB. It was a waste of time for the creative team and the fans. Why not focus on creating a good Batman adaptation once in every couple of years, perhaps?

It's funny when they do direct adaptions without deconstructing what the source material is, they end up with another snooze fest like Year One. When they put their heart and soul in it, they end up with outstanding works like Dark Knight Returns and Justice League Flashpoint Paradox. You can almost tell a good DC movie nowadays by just watching the first 20 minutes. :lol

And since we're having one or two Batman movies per year now, BRING BACK KEATON AND WEST AS BATMAN! :pray:

Deathstroke got his ass handed to him the entire film lol. Batman effortlessly beat him and what's with the exclusion of Tim drake? Come on he's like the best robin. Damien is so overated to me.

Deathstroke got his ass handed to him the entire film lol. Batman effortlessly beat him and what's with the exclusion of Tim drake? Come on he's like the best robin. Damien is so overated to me.

Deathstroke was completely mishandled here. Terrible voice acting and they turn him into a butt hurt villain. And why the heck doesn't Batman/Damian save him at the end? "I won't kill you, but I can commit manslaughter" :lol

I suppose they HAD to make this movie if they were going to do a Court of Wwls or DOTF movie, so, I'm ok with that.

Totally down with DOTF (never read COO). I think all these plus killing joke is inevitable.

Back