1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'As you wish' here's a close up of the mask we were asked for the 'prop' look so all 'brush streaks' and wear marks are evident tusks are steel , there is a cape chain but it's hidden here as it sometimes was in ANH the robes are inspired by that gentleman who does replacement robes for a lot of you however we went with a different material and the inner robe is more tailored with small pleats at the belt line .Steph x
image_zpse4fb0831.jpg

We've just finished an ANH on some sort of kp body ,not the one some of you prefer , I think it's the same but shorter , body was reworked , made taller etc, bare in mind we make our own custom body suits ,
image_zpsaa2c528d.jpg

hello…can you pm me the price for the custom body suit ? and I would love to see the suit not on the figure please :)

hello…can you pm me the price for the custom body suit ? and I would love to see the suit not on the figure please :)

I've been thinking about a replacement suit too just help those skinny arms out.

Hey gang, I was going through my old pictures last night. I found these old gems, lol. This was from the days when we were all making Vaders, I had put his together for reference. Check out the ERTL helmet, it looks good, but I think the dome is too narrow. I have to look for it, think I MIGHT have it somewhere.

HEADS.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
HEADS2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
HEADS3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
HEADS4-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks to McHaley's guidance on putting together the Kaiyodo Screamin mask/Hasbro dome combo (And DarthRazz for hooking me up with the Kaiyodo kit). I am happy with the stock helmet, but I really had to try this mod on my new DX Vader. Gotta say that I'm really happy with it. I still love the stock one but I like having options. ;)
Here are some pictures. I still have to paint it and do more tweaking here and there, but it's already looking good to me:

Last edited:
That does look good!

Can't remember if anyone did this in this thread, but has there been any success with swapping to the malgus body? Thx

Proof of concept successful, using 5/16" nut and thick rubber band. I'll probably keep the nut and replace the band with garment-quality woven rubber chord/flat for longevity. The next step is to cut away the beveled walls to allow the abdomen piece to rise further into the upper chest.

What's the status on this, Pixel?

Haven't gotten back to Vader yet, but will soon. I did finish the chest work though, and it's a keeper. I'm working on three dozen custom figures right now (literally 36), plus a few other completely unrelated projects. I have some nice epoxy in the house now as well as some new razor saw blades, so I'll be attacking the legs on Vader next. Waiting for the replacement head from Sideshow has also pushed this to the bottom of the pile for now.

Proof of concept successful, using 5/16" nut and thick rubber band. I'll probably keep the nut and replace the band with garment-quality woven rubber chord/flat for longevity. The next step is to cut away the beveled walls to allow the abdomen piece to rise further into the upper chest.

Haven't gotten back to Vader yet, but will soon. I did finish the chest work though, and it's a keeper. I'm working on three dozen custom figures right now (literally 36), plus a few other completely unrelated projects. I have some nice epoxy in the house now as well as some new razor saw blades, so I'll be attacking the legs on Vader next. Waiting for the replacement head from Sideshow has also pushed this to the bottom of the pile for now.

:vader

Well, I couldn't wait :lol and decided to give it a shot myself. Here are some pictures to better explain it. I did gain like 1/4 off the height.
I'd like to take off one more quarter of a inch from somewhere else and then I think that'll do it. ;)

And he's looking more or less like this. (I'll be cutting the cape from the bottom a bit to adjust it to the final height. Also, don't forget I'm using the kaiyodo mask/hasbro helmet combo which I'm not done with.;))

Last edited:
Back