1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

to be honest i never really considered this line as obscure limited hipster toys, since initially there weren't many people whom are aware about this.

there wasn't much hype about it, but i don't know since when the line has gathered so much attention & became a hipster thing.

i mean you would imagine hipster thing to be something like Ironman, Synthetic human is pretty much like a sideshow line-up that only gather interest from a niche market (cyberpunk). I guess the very limited amount of release & quality of the figure made it a scalper toy.

if this continues to gather so much attention that you have to end up refreshing every 3 seconds on launch date just to order, i guess i will just give up the line as it takes the fun out of it.
ironman is the absolutely reverse definition of hipster since everybody in collecting knows about it, and it was even popular before. synthetic human is somewhat hipster as it's not mainstream, and still obscure for most collectors, and also niche. the closest thing would be 3A releases.

and as much as it pains me to sound like a hipster, i knew about synthetic human before it went mainstream, and i still haven't gotten one. *drinks soy caffe latte*

Agreed.
This whole draw and limited numbers are boring and annoying.
I have the money i just want to be able to buy the damn thing.
On a sidenote i Will be selling my regular version, its cool but too minimalistic hoped they would release by now some accessories set, weapons clothes.
I might revisit their product when they release the armored version teased a while ago.

Agreed.
This whole draw and limited numbers are boring and annoying.
I have the money i just want to be able to buy the damn thing.
On a sidenote i Will be selling my regular version, its cool but too minimalistic hoped they would release by now some accessories set, weapons clothes.
I might revisit their product when they release the armored version teased a while ago.

I have the first release too. My hope is to be able to buy every release they ever bring out so I could have a display of all the variants. I'd also love if they got a larger release so I could pick up more of each release to do my own variants.
But I expect that might never happen.

I think you guys are missing the point. This is a young company. They can't just press a million of these things and bankrupt themselves. They only have so much capital to work with.

I think you guys are missing the point. This is a young company. They can't just press a million of these things and bankrupt themselves. They only have so much capital to work with.

I have my fingers crossed that this endeavour gives them the capital they need to ramp up and produce more cool stuff.

Just wanted to add, from the point of view of an illustrator, this figure is really great for posing. It's so well-proportioned, balanced, and articulated. It allows you to explore all sorts of postures, from dynamic to mundane, in ways I've never seen a wooden drawing mannequin capable of managing...

synththought01.jpg

synthposture1.jpg SynthAtom01.jpg

Last edited:

agreed. it's posability is amazing and makes a really helpful posing mannequin. the only one more posable is the SFBT-3 which cost much more than this.

that is why i say they should release limited quantities in batches, as long as there are sufficient orders to back the production they should just keep producing.

the only people making big profit margin are the scalpers. i don't see how 1000toys made big bucks out of their 2 releases, i mean the total production is probably less than 1000 altogether. they aren't capitalizing their products enough, soon after the hype will die down and they will miss their chances, while other companies start to copy the body & incorporate it into their base bodies.

I have my fingers crossed that this endeavour gives them the capital they need to ramp up and produce more cool stuff.

1kT can't come out with a doll body that looks cool and ask $350 for it. Nobody would pay it off the bat, and it would just sit there and fail. Not to mention its a fairly obscure Manga from 7-8 years ago. It's a risk. The fact that it was only $150 in a world of $300 dollar Iron Men is part of the reason it sold so well. People were willing to take that risk.

It's limited, and new, so people want it who missed the boat, so a $150 dollar toy is going for twice the price. I don't see that lasting forever.
They already did a second run, but it's not as simple as pressing a batch any time they feel like it. They have to do QC and buy materials, plus renting the factory takes cash and time.

If you haven't noticed they have been doing the toy circuit and promoting their wears officially. They are a new company that wants to grow the right way and they probably have a lot on their plate.

The original price point existed so they could make a profit, and get their item out to their fans, which they did.

Scalpers are taking advantage of a supply problem brought on by demand, which they always do.

Patience is all I can suggest if you don't want to pay out the nose.

Last edited:

Well they did take payment upfront, so if they can do 2nd batch they can do 3rd batch as long as there's sufficient demand for it, not doing so will just take away the potential profit. This is a base figure so i don't see much harm selling more, people would be willing to buy them to customize it, but not many people do so because they are released in such limited quantities.

I'm not sure how their agreement works with the factory, but shouldn't be hard to have options for more runs, the China factory would be more than happy as long as they make money out of it. Recasting & repainting the same figure is much more cost effective than coming up with another new figure which again would be in very limited quantities.

It's limited, and new, so people want it who missed the boat, so a $150 dollar toy is going for twice the price. I don't see that lasting forever.
They already did a second run, but it's not as simple as pressing a batch any time they feel like it. They have to do QC and buy materials, plus renting the factory takes cash and time.

Patience is all I can suggest if you don't want to pay out the nose.

dont think we will know until the 1st when it begins. news will be on their facebook i think

Someone on FB asked if the Synthetic Human can be posed doing the lotus position like the SFBT figure...

synthlotus.jpg

Pre-order entry for the Test Body version just went up. You have 24 hours to get your application in and wait for word from 1000toys. This came a lot sooner than expected so I have to pass, but good luck to everyone else!

https://toa-1000toys.com/contents/?p=144

EDIT -- Sorry Gakken. Didn't see your post from earlier. Consider it a bump! :lol

Back