1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

350$?!!!
Lol i would probably sell mine if i can get this price.

I have a friend at comic con, was going to ask him to get le one of the test model but if they are a pain in the ass to buy even when you are there then **** them...what a bunch of horsesheeeet! Limited figure with limited sales per day.
Im not used to these limited, conventions, exclusives and stuff, so maybe its normal to long time collectors :)

Pretty disapointed by the new figure too.
It does look cool and i Will probably get it but i was expecting the armored Guy, not just a guy on shorts with a hammer.
So many cool nihei designs and thats all they are doing?
They could do weapons or accessories set for the synthetic bodies.

BtU5qgkCUAA32MX.jpg

i don't know much about Nihei, I only know Blade Runner, Snatcher & Binary Domain, and the reason i got the synthetic is because of these 3 medias. i would actually prefer a Synthetic Human that tries to mimic the look of humans, but this new design feels like a Synthetic trying to act like a cool & funky Synthetic...

You should definitly Check tsutomu nihei s work some very cool mech and créatures designs in his mangas :)

Getting his figure at the con is next to impossible. They are limiting sales to 35 a day. I'd imagine most people getting these are exhibitors themselves (since they are the only ones with access before the doors open each morning) so that they can sell it on the floor for twice the price.

That's probably not true... According to the Bluefin staff stationed at the booth, exhibitors are not allowed to buy in the first hour, and this thing will be gone in less than 30 minutes. I was in line waiting yesterday and overheard the conversation between the Bluefin guy and two exhibitors who tried to get in line.

I wonder if the regular will still be worth anything once the second shipment comes out? I'll probably just sell mine and get a VITA :lol

Have they confirmed a second run? I suppose it makes sense.

Update. the test body was all sold out on the second day of the ACG HK event.

It was a nightmare trying to get a hold of this figure.

SCALPERS!!!!

On the first day I waited over five hours to get it. On the second day, the event organisers knew the problem and I was able to get it within five mins after entering the event.

I hope this incident don't happen again next year!

Well couldn't care less about any limited edition releases. If you guys can just forget about it life would be much better.

The semi transparent mask shouldn't be too difficult to re-produce, for those that has the normal edition you can just make a mold & use semi-transparent materials on it. Since there's quite a few people here who would like the mask, someone who can do recasts should start a commission.

One advise for the manufacturer is that if they continue to release their figures in small numbers, sooner or later some China backyard factory is going to recast the whole body, just like how Truetype bodies gets copied.

I know this figure has been selling pretty high. Any one willing to sell theres for $265 from one collector to another? I know it's a fat chance but you can't blame a guy for trying right? =)

Amazing figure!

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

Yes, very gorgeous. The finish on this one is excellent. I love the transluscent mask. The details and paint are superb. I have the original, wanna trade? :wink1:

Dig the test version.
Will try to snatch one.
If i do ill sell my original version.
Still hoping for some accessories kit.

I know this figure has been selling pretty high. Any one willing to sell theres for $265 from one collector to another? I know it's a fat chance but you can't blame a guy for trying right? =)

If say that's a good deal considering it was $130 good luck tho a lot of people selling these days are all out for huge profits

I like the test better than the original.
Suck they made it limited, though Im sure more will pop up.

I love this thing. Where can I get one and are they all $400 now? I'd drop $200 but $400 is getting way outside my range for this.

I love this thing. Where can I get one and are they all $400 now? I'd drop $200 but $400 is getting way outside my range for this.

I'd grab the first $200 one of these I find :lol, unfortunately I will probably end up paying more

Back