1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Regular version, first drop. There are a few more images in my picture thread link below & on FB).

IxesFC.jpg

Lik9ud.jpg

sZODRP.jpg

rxALO7.jpg

Wow, really love these images Alice. Wonderful composition and lighting. #3 is my favorite.

The limited one looks really cool. I tried three different days to get one at SDCC but even getting there early didn't work, there were already too many people waiting (I guess some people even slept over night for it which is more than I am willing to do).

I didn't like how Bluefin handled it. I got there early on preview night and they told me there was only 20 available each day and they were already sold out. They also told me there was a dock strike and that no more may be available on following days. The next day I get there and they say they already sold their 35 daily allotment (they didn't tell me about the line of people over against the wall, thought they were for something else like the Gundum kits or something). Third day I show up and they say they already sold out of their daily allotment again (this time the number was different again and then they pointed to the line.. I said what are they waiting for if it is sold out? apparently they hadn't bought them yet but were waiting to). At this point I gave up, my brother had compromised his plans three days in a row to accommodate my quest for this figure and I had enough of that disappointment. Freed up my money for a HT Briareos and a Hasbro Biker scout on bike.

I think they just should have sold them starting at preview night until they were gone, that is why some of us geeks go down there a night early. Oh well, glad some of you got it but I hate stunts like this.

Sorry to hear about that Travis. I got in the exhibition hall at 9:30am on Friday and rushed from the far end 4000 to 100 section. When I got there, I asked the cashier and she pointed me to the line. I was lucky to be number 34 of 35 in line.

20140811_085751.jpg

The limited one looks really cool. I tried three different days to get one at SDCC but even getting there early didn't work, there were already too many people waiting (I guess some people even slept over night for it which is more than I am willing to do).

I didn't like how Bluefin handled it. I got there early on preview night and they told me there was only 20 available each day and they were already sold out. They also told me there was a dock strike and that no more may be available on following days. The next day I get there and they say they already sold their 35 daily allotment (they didn't tell me about the line of people over against the wall, thought they were for something else like the Gundum kits or something). Third day I show up and they say they already sold out of their daily allotment again (this time the number was different again and then they pointed to the line.. I said what are they waiting for if it is sold out? apparently they hadn't bought them yet but were waiting to). At this point I gave up, my brother had compromised his plans three days in a row to accommodate my quest for this figure and I had enough of that disappointment. Freed up my money for a HT Briareos and a Hasbro Biker scout on bike.

I think they just should have sold them starting at preview night until they were gone, that is why some of us geeks go down there a night early. Oh well, glad some of you got it but I hate stunts like this.

I know the figure is good, but don't understand why so many people would stay up whole night just to que up for it. they really like the figure so much or they just want the money out of selling it?

I know the figure is good, but don't understand why so many people would stay up whole night just to que up for it. they really like the figure so much or they just want the money out of selling it?

I think it's just limited release and the figure is good. At least, that's why I want it.

yes but will you go so far to camp overnight, or even stand there and que for say 3 hours? i like the figure and having the normal version, i won't. i doubt there's any non-crucial item that i would spend even 2 hours standing there doing nothing for, does it sound like i'm less enthusiastic?

i betcha either those are hardcore collectors or most likely scalpers hoping to earn a hundred or two by reselling it, but is it worth spending so many hours just to get it? If i'm looking for quick bucks, there's plenty of items i can buy up at low price & still make a hundred or two, and the risk of not selling is spread out & i have a more diversified inventory to sell.

i don't know those folks there, but folks here who were there, do those folks queuing up look like genuine collectors?

I think it's just limited release and the figure is good. At least, that's why I want it.

yes but will you go so far to camp overnight, or even stand there and que for say 3 hours? i like the figure and having the normal version, i won't. i doubt there's any non-crucial item that i would spend even 2 hours standing there doing nothing for, does it sound like i'm less enthusiastic?

i betcha either those are hardcore collectors or most likely scalpers hoping to earn a hundred or two by reselling it, but is it worth spending so many hours just to get it? If i'm looking for quick bucks, there's plenty of items i can buy up at low price & still make a hundred or two, and the risk of not selling is spread out & i have a more diversified inventory to sell.

i don't know those folks there, but folks here who were there, do those folks queuing up look like genuine collectors?

They looked like collectors to me, but I'm not 100% sure. I had a fair chance of getting it. I didn't camp out and only stood in line for about 15 mins. I asked the guy behind me how he knew about it and said he followed the comic.

After I got mine, a guy followed me and asked if I'm willing to sell it. He said he'd tried for 2 days and want to get it to review on YouTube.

Last edited:

Mine arrived, and now has a new friend :)

Daddy!

Son...

What's the car on the shelf below?

Its by an Italian company called MR Collection, Its a hand made resin 1/18 Lamborghini Aventador J. Heres a better look.

Mine has just arrived and I love it, at the moment he's on my desk where actually I think he might stay as poseing him is so much fun it seems a shame to lock him up in a Detolf :)

One thing I would ask of other owners, are the white parts suppose to have weathering? I ask becuse it looks a bit like the white parts on mine are and if not then the black from the foam insert has stained the white parts.

Also of note is what fantastic communication you get from the company from order confirmations to dispatch dates, delay updates, postage confirmation etc. etc etc every step of the way, gives you great confidence in dealing with them.

Back