Superman REturns Customized Brandon Routh Body from Hot toys 2 in 1 version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love routh. i thought he was great in the movie. id love a redo as well. body ,costume ,sculpt..all needs to be or could be vastly improved. im gonna have to transfer mine to a beefier body. nice job man!

Still love my Reeve body swap.

That is still a great mod.
I never realise how much taller it is till now though! Your cape scarcely reaches the boots.
It normally drapes an inch below the boot hem line.
I did a Supergirl custom a few days back using a spare 2-in-1 cape i had, and on her, the cape drapes nearly to the ground!

7B14614C-573B-4FFD-97F0-B1EC15F32F20.jpg

Great customs everyone!

I still maintain the conviction that Routh was every bit a good selection for Superman, like Cavill is. I just think Routh had the misfortune of being told to essentially copy and replicate Christopher Reeve as opposed to being his own version of Superman. Not to mention the plot of SR was essentially a rehashed plot of 1978 Superman. SR wasn't a horrible film, but I think they were trying too hard to copy the Reeve films with an incarnation of Superman that's not relatable to today's new generation, society or culture.

Which is part of what makes Superman such a difficult character to tackle: How to make him relatable and endearing to each new generation and fit the culture of that particular time, without divesting him of the qualities that make him Superman.

This is still my favorite Clark to Superman transformation to date:
elevator-scene-o.gif

Great customs everyone!

I still maintain the conviction that Routh was every bit a good selection for Superman, like Cavill is. I just think Routh had the misfortune of being told to essentially copy and replicate Christopher Reeve as opposed to being his own version of Superman. Not to mention the plot of SR was essentially a rehashed plot of 1978 Superman. SR wasn't a horrible film, but I think they were trying too hard to copy the Reeve films with an incarnation of Superman that's not relatable to today's new generation, society or culture.

Which is part of what makes Superman such a difficult character to tackle: How to make him relatable and endearing to each new generation and fit the culture of that particular time, without divesting him of the qualities that make him Superman.

This is still my favorite Clark to Superman transformation to date:
elevator-scene-o.gif

It's not really a rehash of the first film, it's actually a contrast of the first film to show how things have changed once Superman returned. In both movies Superman has a similar flying scene with Lois, but the context of both scenes story wise are very different.

It's not really a rehash of the first film, it's actually a contrast of the first film to show how things have changed once Superman returned. In both movies Superman has a similar flying scene with Lois, but the context of both scenes story wise are very different.

I felt that it was in the sense that the villain was once again Luthor (though I realize Zod in this adaptation was already dead being that SR is intended to be a vague sequel to S1 and S2, and it perhaps would have been a bit much to have Superman come back from a hiatus and immediately take on someone along the likes of Brainiac, Darkseid, Doomsday, etc., so that kind of left Lex again), devising a scheme to secure beachfront property for himself. Just instead of this time launching a missile to eliminate a portion of land to obtain it, he launched a missile to grow land to obtain it.

As mentioned though, I don't think it was bad by any means. Certainly not as bad as what many claim it to be. It's still enjoyable and has its moments.

Oh yea, the Lex stuff is definitely a rehash, I honestly think the movie would have worked better without him. Another villain even if it was a cerebral one would have been better to me.

I'm a big fan of Cavill's Superman, but seeing how incredibly charming and likeable Routh has been in Arrow recently does make me really miss his portrayal of Superman. And that we got to see him explore the character and grow into the role a lot more than we did.

And the same goes for Bosworth's Lois as well (the criticism of whom I've just never understood at all).

That's what I think was unfortunate with Routh.

He was an excellent choice, but I wish he was given the chance to portray Superman in his own rendition; not be told to essentially replicate Reeve's Superman in every aspect.

Nice redo, but a little too cartoony muscley for me. Arms delts and traps don't seem to flow quite naturally. If you were able to bulk up the traps a little bit?

That's what I think was unfortunate with Routh.

He was an excellent choice, but I wish he was given the chance to portray Superman in his own rendition; not be told to essentially replicate Reeve's Superman in every aspect.

Agreed, a good choice, good cast overall really, let down a little by the picture they starred in.

This is actually the TTM 21. i got the body out by using an x acto knife and making the incision at the back of the belt. anatomically- in the Lumbar area. This was done with precision. only the back part was incised to create the gap between the upper suit and lower suit only then was the original ttm body was pulled out and replaced with the ttm 21 stock. There's a lot of stretching and pulling works in this custom work and is is not for the fainted heart collector who wished their Superman returns were as buff as the movie routh version was. brandon was really buff, but not as ripped as Henry. Brandon had the body- but certain properties of his costume limited his physique to embody the superman figure we all were hoping to be. The custom work was a success. this is my spare HT custom and looking forward to disposing this and buy the MAN of Steel Version Henry Cavill. But i think the flying pose for this HT superman returns rocks!!!

Great photos. and Thanks for sharing.

I am looking at HT Superman Returns on eBay and their photos of the Head Sculpt does not look like this. Did you do any repainting on this?

Thanks again.

Great photos. and Thanks for sharing.

I am looking at HT Superman Returns on eBay and their photos of the Head Sculpt does not look like this. Did you do any repainting on this?

Thanks again.

This is the later 2 in 1 version where the EBay searchs might be the early first release Superman figure. Both have very different head sculpts.

so the first few pics are with the head painted by les walker. i feel he really captured the look of routh. from a distance i loved it. but as you can see up close, the eyes and brows were very sloppy. so i sold it and had darren carnall repaint the same head. here you can see how much neater it was and hence why i kept this one. the body is reeve arms on a regular hot toys body. i wrapped the stomach with a paper towel and added thigh plates to his legs.

2014-02-15 18.36.40.jpg2014-02-15 18.38.52.jpg2013-11-26 12.21.32.jpg2014-02-09 12.49.32.jpg521524_10152119227164119_16184066_n(1).jpg

Back