The Amazing Spider-Man #1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
No surprise but Peter Parker returns as Spider-Man in April to time with the movie.

https://www.nydailynews.com/enterta...o-peter-parker-return-death-article-1.1575793

“We’ve gone over 30 issues without Peter Parker, so when we let him out of that box and he gets to put on that costume again and he gets to swing through the sky, it’s going to be the greatest feeling,” says Slott.

“But there’s a twist. There’s always a twist"

spiderman12n-1-web.jpg

An alternate cover of ‘Amazing Spider-Man #1’ by artist Jerome Opeña
spiderman12n-3-web.jpg

Is this a reboot kind of? Or a add on to superior Spider-man?

Sorry, I've been trying to read spiderman more, but don't know much....

Considering how well superior Spider-man is selling, I'd be more than a little suprised to see it go away.

I'm thinking we're going to see both. Clones again perhaps?

meh..kinda gave up on Spidey, not sure what do make of this to be honest.

Clones or not,I might give it a go again.

I liked the Doc as spidey. Spiderman had some teeth for a change. PP is obviously iconic, but like thunderbolts and dark avengers arcs, it was nice to jump into the head of the villain for a while. I would have liked to have seen Ock unravel layers of the villain underground much deeper than he did. He could have been much more vicious and Ock-like. Too much time wasted on möbius and girlfriends, and gadgets, and his ridiculous spider army of henchmen. Would have liked to see spidey going on the hunt for his most deadly rogues and put the beat-down.

As for this goblin arc, I'm finding it a tad silly. Turning ppl into goblins and hobgoblins fighting hobgoblins and Carlie cooper goblins and sewer goblin armies, and goblin spider slayers, etc. I liked plain old Norman Osborne flying around being insane.

Has Spider-man had a comic reboot like Batman and Superman have had with Earth One?

Ugh. Marvel needs to get someone other than Ramos.

I couldn't agree more, very overdue for an art change. I kind of miss JR Jr., but from the looks of his Cap stuff, his art has gone downhill.

I agree, though I've never been really impressed with JR Jr either. There's just something about his art that looks rushed or sloppy to me. I know to some people that's blasphemous to say but I can't help it. I want to see art that blows me away when I read a comic and JR Jr's is just meh.

Back