1/6 Man Of Steel review by 16k

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**16k**

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so, better late than never, as they say ! :wink1:

I’ve wanted to make this review for quite some time now, but between the New Year festivities and my work, I couldn’t find the time earlier!

So here’s a (modest) review with bad pictures of none other than THE Man of Steel…

So what do you get in the box?

As usual, a few pair of hands (fists, relaxed, flying and spread), a 1:6 repro of the Kryptonian Command Key (the kind of stuff so tiny your likely to loose after a while! :)), a 1:1 Kryptonian Command Key, replacement hand pegs (just in case), a beautiful, very large S-Shield stand with Hot Toys’ new style dynamic pole, you the great yet too cumbersome one, and, of course, the one and only Superman, this time with the Henry Cavill likeness!

So is it good? Oh yeah! That likeness is pretty spot on!

I do own the Modern Life headsculpt, and, honestly, it looks better unpainted, but somehow, I still have to see a painted one that actually looks spot on! Dunno why, but once painted, something looks off!

Here, it’s in the vein of what HT has used us to: spot on, but slightly idealized. The paint job is once again a true masterpiece.

The body is a modified Truetype, build to look like Henry Cavill and it does the job pretty well. However, a lot of people complain that this guy is too tall compared to the previous HT releases and they’re right. It’s not a problem for me but I can understand why some don’t like that. The articulation is your typical articulated HT body though it’s a bit restricted by the suit, in the midsection area because the S-Shield and belt buckle actually have pegs that go into the body underneath.

It prevents the S from being misaligned as some Superman Reeve were, but it restricts slightly lateral movement.

The outfit is just superb!!!!

It’s some kind of stretchy fabric with printed rubber chainlink on it. For those wondering, it is different from Jor-El’s as it is much thicker printing. So far I haven’t had any issue of it sticking to itself and I got it on December 24th, so it seems pretty safe to say it shouldn’t be that of an issue.

You can’t undress him and the cape is fixed and non-wired. So making a custom cape is going to be difficult for those who aren’t satisfied with it. But I’m not too worried as once you guys get it in hand, you’ll realize that it’s probably one of the best capes HT has ever produced.

The boots are rubber and offer a great range of articulation.

Now the stand works great for flying poses, but I would advise against leaving your MOS in the clamp for too long as it WILL crease the pipings on the suit.

Other than that, go for it guys, it’s just about perfect! :clap

So now, on with the pictures. I appologize for their crappiness and for the similar poses. It's the first time I make a review and am still experimenting on lighting!:monkey3

mosBW.jpg

mos15.jpg

mos32.jpg

mos31.jpg

mos30.jpg

mos29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review buddy and great pics as well.

It will be a while before I have him in-hand but I'm looking forward to that day. And I still need to see the movie also. :slap

Very helpful review, especially for me as I am thinking of adding this figure to my collection! Thanks for posting!

oh god....here we go with the Crooked "S" nonsense that was all over the evil superman release. im shocked this isnt mentioned. this aspect of the figure deserves to be mentioned as a potential QC issue.

Thank you guys!

If things go the way I want, the next two reviews will be SIdeshow's Joker. I know it's been out a long time but here in Europe, I'll only get it today, and then, another Supes ( should ship this week): Play Imaginative New 52 Superman:)

Back