Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input. I'll give it another once over when I get home and make a decision then, but chances are leaning toward keeping it and avoiding the risk. In the meantime, it looks like i've found a nice place to keep up with others buying these statues as well.

I have a Frank and (Jae) Lee lined up, and the verdict is still out on Turner. I agree with some sentiment about the Adams Zombie statue though...not quite for me.

Announced for Fall 2014 by DC Collectibles
Batman Black and White: Batman by **** Sprang
Batman Black and White: The Joker by **** Sprang
Batman Black and White: Batman by Michael Turner

P.S apologies for lack of Gary Frank pics by the time i received any that were not damaged i thought you would of all had one by then.

You beat me to it. Was just going to post that info. lol Can't wait to see some pix of the **** Sprang statues. Glad they are doing some older versions.

Announced for Fall 2014 by DC Collectibles
Batman Black and White: Batman by **** Sprang
Batman Black and White: The Joker by **** Sprang
Batman Black and White: Batman by Michael Turner

P.S apologies for lack of Gary Frank pics by the time i received any that were not damaged i thought you would of all had one by then.

Thank you for sharing this ditch! These are going to look cool!

bm_bw_joker_sprang_580_534f3913bd6b1101642101_zps60a3d0bd.jpg
TC_BAT93B_zpsd7d013cf.jpg

Another pic of Turner's:

bm_bw_michael_turner_580_534f38c28841e363236034_zpsf74309b1.jpg

Don't like the face sculpt at all. : /

P.S.: No worries about Gary Frank's pics, and thank you for all the pics you've shared with us earlier. Looking forward to Harley's in May!

Jokers got an I-Pad mini. Seriously cool to see some old school art in the Black and White statue line.

So, I just went ahead and picked up the Arkham Asylum Bats. I always liked the piece but reasoned that I was better off putting that money towards the Arkham City Bats and I'd forget about the AA B&W Bats because I didn't need it. However, it did kind of bug me that it wasn't in my collection. I found myself checking the bay from time to time to see if I could score one at a reasonable price. Well, I finally saw one up on the bay for $115 shipped so I jumped on it. It should be here in about a week. Now I can honestly say I'm all done chasing down all the released pieces. POd pieces for me from here on out.

So, I just went ahead and picked up the Arkham Asylum Bats. I always liked the piece but reasoned that I was better off putting that money towards the Arkham City Bats and I'd forget about the AA B&W Bats because I didn't need it. However, it did kind of bug me that it wasn't in my collection. I found myself checking the bay from time to time to see if I could score one at a reasonable price. Well, I finally saw one up on the bay for $115 shipped so I jumped on it. It should be here in about a week. Now I can honestly say I'm all done chasing down all the released pieces. POd pieces for me from here on out.

My first one came with the cape and head separated. That was an issue with these so watch out.

My first one came with the cape and head separated. That was an issue with these so watch out.

Yeah, I know all about the problems with the piece. The biggest one is the batarang. So many of these came with a broken one. I picked it up on the bay so if I have any significant issues I'll be able to return it. I'll make sure to give it a good inspection when it arrives. Really looking forward to adding it to the collection.

Thanks guys.

I was really lucky with the Mignola. My girlfriend found one for a decent price and got it for my birthday.

I'd love to find an Arkham Asylum for a reasonable price. It's one of the few from the collection of still like to track down.

Yeah, I know all about the problems with the piece. The biggest one is the batarang. So many of these came with a broken one. I picked it up on the bay so if I have any significant issues I'll be able to return it. I'll make sure to give it a good inspection when it arrives. Really looking forward to adding it to the collection.

Well, received the AA Bats yeterday. He's every bit as impressive as I thought he would be. However, sure enough...when I opened him up, the top portion of the batarang snapped off during shipping. :gah: So, he's going back and the hunt for another one continues. This is such a common problem with this piece that I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to score a mint piece. I'll probably try one more time because I really like the piece. However, paying for return shipping on these broken pieces is a pain in the rear. If it happens again, I'll probably just pass on the piece even though I think it looks fantastic.

I got my AA Bats a couple days ago off ebay and no problems at all... sorry to hear yours was broken.

Back