Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually read the script when someone sent it to me. I'm hoping that, at the very least, Tarantino releases this in audio form, be it as an audiobook companion to the published script (which I would buy), or as a downloadable podcast or something. Regardless, though, I want to see this made as a film. Russell, Goggins, and Jackson as the heroes of the piece? My god what a delightful film this could've been (and I hope, eventually, still becomes). Suffice it to say, if Tarantino does decide to make his Hateful 8 a film, with this cast, I will gladly be there opening day...again...and again...and again. Suffice it to say, I wish I could've been in that theater last night, as I bet it was an amazing experience.

I actually read the script when someone sent it to me. I'm hoping that, at the very least, Tarantino releases this in audio form, be it as an audiobook companion to the published script (which I would buy), or as a downloadable podcast or something. Regardless, though, I want to see this made as a film. Russell, Goggins, and Jackson as the heroes of the piece? My god what a delightful film this could've been (and I hope, eventually, still becomes). Suffice it to say, if Tarantino does decide to make his Hateful 8 a film, with this cast, I will gladly be there opening day...again...and again...and again. Suffice it to say, I wish I could've been in that theater last night, as I bet it was an amazing experience.

When he films it, I want this exact cast.

Definitely. The funny part is, as I was reading the script, I was thinking "holy ****; Walton Goggins should totally play this part." It's just such a perfect cast he's got lined up. I think, if I were in his shoes, I'd move one project up off the backburner to give people time to forget this whole debacle, and then return to the Hateful 8 with a vengeance. The material's just too good, and, I'll be completely honest, I'll feel forever unfulfilled, if it's never filmed.

Never read the script, and probably never will out of spite. :lol

I still hope it becomes a film, though. If anything, it would be something of a neat experience; seeing the transition from script to screen from the POV of an audience member.

:rock2:rock2:rock2

Per Showbiz 411, Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight will begin production this November in Wyoming. The report adds that all of the actors who participated in the recent live read of the script—Dern, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Madsen, Kurt Russell, James Remar, Amber Tamblyn, Walton Goggins, and Zoe Bell—will star in the film, but sadly Christoph Waltz will not be a part of the cast. Tim Roth also participated in the live read, but he is not mentioned in this report. It may simply be an oversight or maybe he’s just not in the film; it’s unclear.
This is a fortunate turn of events, as everyone was rather dismayed to hear that Tarantino was putting this project back on the shelf after the script leak. The story of The Hateful Eight takes place in post-Civil War Wyoming and tells the story of a small group of stagecoach passengers who are stranded during a blizzard. A large chunk of the film takes place in a bar, and the characters include a couple of bounty hunters (Jackson and Russell), a Confederate general (Dern), a cowboy (Madsen), a transplanted Englishman (Roth), a soldier (Goggins), and a female prisoner (Tamblyn).

What's amazing is this cast has already had a chance to do this in front of people and see how they reacted. They also were getting live direction from Tarantino so they know exactly how to work off of each other, what Quentin expects, and what was well received/what will need tweaking. This movie has a lot of potential to be good.

like any other new upcoming movies....

one must set and adjust their expectation level to LOW. Bay movie LOW.

life will be much better.

thats really great news i'm so glad Tarantino is making this i love all of his films. i can't wait!

Great news. Takes SOME of the sting away (only some) of the news of this apparent Wild Bunch re-imagining nonsense.

First poster for Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight'

Tarantino-Hateful-Eight_535x731.jpg

Last edited:
The best news out of Dynamite's panel, by far. Forget Django/Zorro, forget "The Whole Bloody Affair;" The Hateful 8 is where it's at.

Back