My first Hot toy figure DX09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spook_1987

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first Hot toys figure and I am more than happy with it. As soon as I found out about Hot toys I had to have the 1989 BATMAN because that film has played such a part in my life as I was growing up.

I know most people will have seen this a million times but as its my first I thought I would take a few snaps using my canon 650D

thanks for looking

Congrats on your first purchase. Wishing you many more to come :) . A very good first figure in my opinion . I have this bad boy along with the Joker and the Batmobile. Hot Toys are Amazing !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the hobby. Prepare for a growing addiction, empty wallet and wife or girlfriend that pulls her hair out LOL!!!!

He was my first figure too! Stunning! I am beyond stoked to have him.

Yep he was also one of my first HT figures as well and he is probably still the best HT figure to date.

Congratulations mate. :clap

Great choice for first figure. Still the best one made, was hoping they would out do themselves with the Returns version.

great photos!

my first 2 figures where the DX 08 and 09, they're really the figures that got me into collecting, I also grew up with the 89 Batman, great first figure to have!:hi5:

Just hope the rubber suit does not deteriorate too quickly! Enjoy it whilst you can. Treat it like a statue rather than an articulated figure and don't pose it in the flying pose. This way, the rubber suit may last 10 years before deteriorating.

I can never get tired of seeing hq pics of this figure. He was my first hot toy as well and I don't ever see myself parting with him. Such an awesome movie and such a fantastic figure!

While it doesn't justifies a new thread it's cool nonetheless for the DX09 to be your first HT, congrats. It was my first too, I've been holding off buying Hot Toys figures because I was at the time exclusive to a certain franchise only. When the DX09 was first shown, I HAD to have him at all costs, I pre-ordered right away. It's still my favorite HY figure alongside the Reeve Superman.

Now just get yourself a TM custom cape and you will enjoy him 100x better. I got one a couple weeks ago wish i had done years
ago instead. I can so many new poses with the TM cape and it drapes so well. The dx09 was my 1st really nice HT figure,my actual
1st was the HT RE:A Alice figure.

DX09 is your first Hot Toys figure? Well, as Alfred would say: "Very good, sir!"

I believe this figure is easily the best version of Keaton's Batman, at any price range, and in any size or format, not to mention being one of Hot Toys best figures, ever. As others have said the next step to really polishing off the look for this is to get yourself a Tony Meis custom cape, which drapes much better than the original stock version. You can see pics of it as well as info on how to get in touch with Tony in his thread right here.

Happy collecting! Try to get the pieces you really want when they're first offered if you can budget it. The secondary market prices can be brutal.

wow..those are some awesome pic's..what camera did you use ??

...I thought I would take a few snaps using my canon 650D
:wink1:

That was also my first 1/6th scale too! I also grew up with the '89 Batman film and had to satisfy that frustrated childhood urge for the perfect Batman figure. Urge satisfied! Still cheers me up when I see it on top of my computer desk. The Jack Nicholson Joker is definitely worth it. Though it is a touch more lithe than Jack was in the role, the likeness is uncanny.

Now I have five different figures (or Barbies, as my girlfriend calls them) sitting on my desk and it may be time to admit I have a problem ...

Back