It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, these aren't Gundams, but I hope to create something like this old works:

MazingerZHighPass1.jpg

GreatMazingerHighPass1.jpg

Your images in the SHF DBZ thread inspired me to collect Gundams, impressive collection friend :thud:

LOve mazinger z these are too cool

I mean if someone is looking for the RD season 2 wing gundams . I can sell them below retail price. Don't have a display caee for them

that is an amazing display.. whoooh, few years from now.. Gundams will be a alive... scary but it can be real in future..

Hello everyone! I'm posting here because I need advice about Gundam toys.

The thing is, I've never owned a Gundam toy in the past, but I have watched the original Gundam and Gundam Wing, and even played their video games on PS1 and PS2. In other words, those are my only exposures to Gundam and I have no idea about the others.

Since I'm trying to collect toys from my childhood, I want to buy a Gundam from the first anime, and then the main hero of Gundam Wing. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are actually called (like model number stuff like that). I think I want that red thing that Char (or whatever his name is) rides as well.

Are there any Gundam toys that I don't have to build myself? For some reason, my idea of Gundam toys is that you buy a "kit", and then you assemble the hundreds of different parts together on your own lol! I don't want to do that. I just want to buy and play with the figure straight out of the box, similar to Figuarts and Monsterarts.

Thanks for any advice and recommendations :)

I hope they won't be too expensive!

The thing is, I've never owned a Gundam toy in the past, but I have watched the original Gundam and Gundam Wing, and even played their video games on PS1 and PS2. In other words, those are my only exposures to Gundam and I have no idea about the others.

Since I'm trying to collect toys from my childhood, I want to buy a Gundam from the first anime, and then the main hero of Gundam Wing. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are actually called (like model number stuff like that). I think I want that red thing that Char (or whatever his name is) rides as well.

Are there any Gundam toys that I don't have to build myself? For some reason, my idea of Gundam toys is that you buy a "kit", and then you assemble the hundreds of different parts together on your own lol! I don't want to do that. I just want to buy and play with the figure straight out of the box, similar to Figuarts and Monsterarts.

Bandai Tamashii has both gundam and gundam wing figures thry are about 5 inches tall and highly articualted and detail. These are the best ones to buy with no assembly needed and quality for a collector. Hope that helps. The line is called robot damashii

)

Welcome to the forum. I agree that Robot Damashii/Spirits or MSIA (Mobile Suit in Action) are what you are looking for. Both require a bare minimum of parts to put together such as outfitting weapons or switching hands, but thats it. I have a 9 year old son who plays with both (he's delicate with them so they don't break but even said that they are built pretty durable). I've been collecting both lines for many years and each of them has pros and cons to them. Youtube video reviews are plenty. Just search for Gundam Robot damashii, Gundam Robot Spirits, or Gundam MSIA reviews.

The red Char mobile suit I think you are referring to is named "Sazabi". There are different "red" mobile suits that Char pilots, but this seems to be the most popular.

Cost wise they can run anywhere between $20 - over $100 depending where you buy them from. I get a lot of mine from ebay, amazon, BigBadToystore, and entertainmentearth.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much Wolvie and Jgama! Now I know what to look for :D

Back