Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Upcoming Sideshow GODZILLA Collectibles

sdcc2014_sideshow_178.jpg

Not a fan of this design at all.

He looks "stuck". Too thick for his own good.

At least 24" definitely. I'd love it, but for what they're going to ask plus space concerns... no can do.

Godzilla is one one my all time favs, but there is such a thing as too big and too much. I hope this isn't both of the previously mentioned because this is grail for me.

Posted by thx217 -
IMG_3186_zpsce665233.jpg~original

IMG_3194_zps9c44a682.jpg~original

IMG_3195_zpsa8efa128.jpg~original

IMG_3219_zps0e9eb2b8.jpg~original

IMG_3196_zpsc5a8e067.jpg~original

IMG_3187_zps750409a0.jpg~original

IMG_3202_zpsb1b11153.jpg~original

IMG_3194_zps9c44a682.jpg~original

This is an AMAZING sculpt!!

:lecture My favorite angle, right there. :rock

Dude it looks remarkable from any angle. This baby is on par or better than some of the holy grail, super limited garage kits of th Big G done for Japan's Wonderfest over the years.

Oh, no doubt it looks good from any angle.

Am I not entitled to have a "favorite" angle? :lol

They really captured a great attitude in this piece, Sideshow can be hit or miss in capturing a character in their statue poses but this is definitely a hit, I feel like the sculptor really gets Godzilla.

So it appears he does have very faint regions of green and brown painted on which adds some depth to his color. It looks very good.
It's the pictures that are overexposed that really bring out the green. Thank goodness it won't look like that on your shelf.

We need to know how big this thing is... twenty some odd inches high, or over thirty? Taller than Sauron, or shorter? It certainly looks immense.

Around 30' from what I can gather.

30' and under a grand...Win!

If it's close to or over 30" I'm a buyer. Not crazy about the base as it doesn't make sense to me but this is the way to go if you're wanting a Big G statue. What's the point of the silver can/rim base holding the rocks? I'd have preceded just a rubble rock base. The silver can looks like an ashtray or litter box.

Back