Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost 9 and almost 6.

They both enjoyed the new Godzilla film... However they prefer many of the classic films over this one... Especially my oldest... He did not like the CGI Godzilla as much as the classic suits. He likes Harryhausen effects better then CGI also... He is a good boy :)

Little one likes the classic films also... Just not as much as my oldest.

In fact my oldest was the one who convinced me to get this.. When I had a chance to order it I asked him... "Should I get this one or the new SSC one that is coming out" and he said "Always go with the older look Godzilla" Did I mention he was a good boy :) ? They both are and it's great that they have taken an interest in many of the things I loved as a kid. Except for Star Wars :( They still like it, just not like I did/do.

Oh man when you said they're good and like old things except SW I totally thought you were going to follow up by saying they love AOTC or something. Phew! :lol

Someone used the term "gouging" a few pages back, and I definitely think that there's some mercenary behavior here. Not, mind you, on Sideshow's part, but I bet it would shock the hell out of you to know what Toho is making on these. Couple that with liscensing fees from WB and Legendary, and what should have been $500 becomes $800. Both my wife and I want this, but until "double rewards and free shipping" are offered, we're holding off.

Last edited:
Man, if his back scales/spikes lit up blue, that would've been awesome.

If the kid with the cardboard Godzilla can do it, why not SS. :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 339
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 203
Someone used the term "gouging" a few pages back, and I definitely think that there's some mercenery behavior here. Not, mind you, on Sideshow's part, but I bet it would shock the hell out of you to know what Toho is making on these. Couple that with liscensing fees from WB and Legendary, and what should have been $500 becomes $800. Both my wife and I want this, but until "double rewards and free shipping" are offered, we're holding off.

Godzilla certainly has become ultra expensive across the board, just look at the XPlus aftermarket prices.

That's one of the reasons I'm picking this up. Godzilla prices are ridiculous, and most of the pieces are just plastic. The quality of this SS piece should be great and worth the price. Not that I love the hefty price, but it looks really good.

I think had this piece been a little bigger and had I liked the movie more then I would not think the price was so over the top... As some have pointed out, Godzilla pieces go up in value... So having a piece like this has a good chance of increasing it's worth.... However the new American Godzilla has not proven that to be a fact yet with it's own value... So time will tell, but I think it's value will increase over time.

I feel like this new movie has sorta spurred on all this Godzilla craze. I've been collecting Godzilla my whole life and there's been a definite and pretty large spike in interest in Godzilla since the hype for that movie started rolling. A few years ago, nobody gave a crap about Godzilla, X-Plus, etc. Now he seems to be getting pretty mainstream. On one hand, it's cool because there are more collectors and kids that are interested in something I've loved my whole life. On the other hand, you've got scalpers jacking up prices and people paying crazy aftermarket premiums on stuff that's been available for close to retail for years, which then makes collectors think that $800 for this isn't that bad. It's sort of a double edge sword kind of deal for me.

I feel like this new movie has sorta spurred on all this Godzilla craze. I've been collecting Godzilla my whole life and there's been a definite and pretty large spike in interest in Godzilla since the hype for that movie started rolling. A few years ago, nobody gave a crap about Godzilla, X-Plus, etc. Now he seems to be getting pretty mainstream. On one hand, it's cool because there are more collectors and kids that are interested in something I've loved my whole life. On the other hand, you've got scalpers jacking up prices and people paying crazy aftermarket premiums on stuff that's been available for close to retail for years, which then makes collectors think that $800 for this isn't that bad. It's sort of a double edge sword kind of deal for me.

True... But I always found G prices to be a bit extreme... At least for getting anything of decent quality.

Having said that... The new movie did seem to push X-plus in the forefront of Godzilla collectables and the rereleases have been a treat.

Before that I mostly had Bandai, many of the smaller Hyper, gashapon, and yuji sakai's smaller Godzilla items with a couple of models and the older X-plus statues of Ghidorah, Mothra, and G vs Anguirus.

So I am happy with the newfound interest people have in the big G.

True... But I always found G prices to be a bit extreme... At least for getting anything of decent quality.

I feel like the X-Plus stuff is worth the original asking price. About $100 for a 25 cm figure and $150 for a 30 cm. Now there are people dishing out five or six times those prices on them, and I think it's a bit out of hand. Sort of the same thing with MonsterArts. King Ghidorah could be had at majorly discounted prices for years, but he dried up pretty quick after the 2014 movie came out and you're looking at $250 to $300 for him now.

I will get this but not at $800. Will wait until it's in the discount bucket for at least a 30% haircut. $800, no ex, and tbd es. Definitely wait and see.

Back