Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah best to wait it out on this one. I only need one high end godzilla piece and this ticks the boxes.

Damn! Like several have indicated, $800 for this is a pass.
Good paint app, maybe a MUTO head for an EX, and 500 ES and it would make more sense.

Then I'll wait til it goes up for double points and gift card eligibility lol like Galactus and Sauron. Then I'll get like $50 off and get $80 back in points too lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon
Solid plan. I will adopt the same. No exclusive means worst case scenario, us internationals can probably pick it up locally too for a but cheaper.

Hi Res pics courtesy of Sci-Fi Japan

https://www.scifijapan.com/articles...lectibles-godzilla-2014-maquette-now-on-sale/

sideshowgodzilla201403.jpg

sideshowgodzilla201404.jpg

sideshowgodzilla201405.jpg

sideshowgodzilla201406.jpg

sideshowgodzilla201407.jpg

sideshowgodzilla201408.jpg

sideshowgodzilla201409.jpg

sideshowgodzilla201410.jpg

Even if I had the money, that piece does not scream $800 for me.

He's all one color, his tail is too short, and the base makes no sense.

I see a $500.00 and under piece. :lol

I'm waiting for the Planet Godzilla.

At least then he will be mixed media with his gladiator shorts, helmet and axe. :lol

Nice! LOL.

As mentioned before, I'll wait for this to be double rewards and gift card eligible. I'll even wait longer when it's also free shipping! :lol

Godzilla is one of my all time faves and when I saw this I said it was a must have. That being said, IMO, it is over-priced. I don't want to buy it on principle alone, but I have come up with a better idea. I have the Obi-wan Mythos coming in next month, so I'll sell it to pay for Godzilla. If I don't end up selling it, I will skip Godzilla, as much as it would pain me.

I am torn on this. I want a giant godzilla. I like the pose. I like the sculpt. The texturing and paint look chalky to me at SDCC. For $800 the paint has to be outstanding and I'm not sure this is or if it's just me.

I am torn on this. I want a giant godzilla. I like the pose. I like the sculpt. The texturing and paint look chalky to me at SDCC. For $800 the paint has to be outstanding and I'm not sure this is or if it's just me.

Painting for me looks flat,never mind the production final piece.:slap

How is this such an expensive piece to produce? There is no clothing/tailoring or fine work required really. It's a solid sculpt with (to be honest) not as greater detailing in the scales and plates as there could've been and the base and paint are both pretty average. Throw the size into the mix and this should be no more than $600 MAX.

What else can Sideshow say? There is no way, no matter what they say, that this costs more to manufacture, than the previous statues mentioned. It is a basic piece with no swappable parts, no mixed media, and two colors of paint, with some highlighting. I'm not hating on SS, but it's obvious b.s. They're going to try to get the most they can, just like every other business.

There is one way for them to lower their prices. They should give you the option of reward points, or the same amount off, when you buy it. By doing the reward points, you still have a vested interest to spend more, with them, so I don't see them going away.

The thing I don't get with so many companies, large and small, is why sell, for example, 1000 units for $800/ea(800,000) rather than 2000 units for $600 (1,200,000)? As demonstrated here, most people would have bought one for the $600 price. I guess they want to have a bunch of these to go with their "best selling" statues, they've had for years....

Back