Holding packages?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewtonForce

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I have a question for SS or maybe any member with experience in this. I'm not sure who sideshow uses in the US to ship, but I've had bad experience with both UPS and FedEx leaving packages on my porch with out a signature etc. My question is, can I choose to have which ever company hold my package for pickup at the hub? And if yes, how do I pick that option? Thanks for the help!

I made this post after emailing customer service and not hearing back (it was the holidays). I got a response today, "UPS and Fedex has made it that we can only submit the request once an tracking number is generated. Going forward as soon as you are sent the tracking information, feel free to contact us and we will be able to submit the request for you." Problem solved.

I work during FedEx's hours of delivery so I always have them hold my deliveries at their depo. I've been doing it so long now they just automatically hold anything that comes in for me.

Create an account at both ups and FedEx online and when you get the delivery email go online and just tell them to hold it. Its the delivery companies not Sideshow that you need to deal with.

Create an account at both ups and FedEx online and when you get the delivery email go online and just tell them to hold it. Its the delivery companies not Sideshow that you need to deal with.

Is it necessary to create an account with them? You can't just call?

I've always wondered about this. I miss them all of the time. Depo holding is the only way to go for me.

Yeah, I guess you can call too I just figured doing it online is easier but either way works.

Yeah, I guess you can call too I just figured doing it online is easier but either way works.

I should have added that typically UPS has always made me wait for a first delivery attempt to get it held at a local depot. So my real question is: Is there a way around that, such that I can call BEFORE the first attempt?

So did my research:

FedEx - You CAN have the package rerouted at a FedEx location before first delivery attempt.

UPS - This CAN NOT be done until AFTER first delivery attempt.

I think this is why I have FedEx requested to ship all of my packages from Sideshow. This is a really nice feature.

Back