1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While everyone might have different opinions the fact is that this cowl is more accurate than the DX12 cowl as it has that squint look

You're including the eyes as the cowl? The cowl is the head gear, the full package includes two of them, an empty one and one as part of a head. Including the eyes makes the whole thing a "head."

Glad to hear that everyone modding their DX12's thinks that they're the only people who have ever bought this figure. I guess the other thousands of people don't count.

Last edited:
10599254_713989608676755_5476325030964671324_n.jpg

:lol

Looks about the same as the actual "talking" faceplate.:lol

It is kind of mind boggling to me, how HT has pretty much nailed every iteration of Batman on their first try with the exception of the Bale versions. Keaton? Homerun. West? Home run. Arkham? Home run. Hell, you could even say they got Bale on their first try with the QS 001. What gives, Howard? What's so hard about Christian Bale in 1/6th scale?

It is kind of mind boggling to me, how HT has pretty much nailed every iteration of Batman on their first try with the exception of the Bale versions.

Go over any of HT's figures with afire tooth comb and I'm sure you can find just as many issues - sometimes many more than with Bale's Batman. Hot Toys is a big-picture kind of company with some sweating for the details, but not overly so.

Go over any of HT's figures with afire tooth comb and I'm sure you can find just as many issues - sometimes many more than with Bale's Batman. Hot Toys is a big-picture kind of company with some sweating for the details, but not overly so.

Are you nuts? People are already lucky if they get a snag-free Adam West. That would kill it!:lol

You're including the eyes as the cowl? The cowl is the head gear, the full package includes two of them, an empty one and one as part of a head. Including the eyes makes the whole thing a "head."

Thanks for the lesson but you knew what I meant. Ok Cowl head sculpt, happy now?

Glad to hear that everyone modding their DX12's thinks that they're the only people who have ever bought this figure. I guess the other thousands of people don't count.

No they are just too easy to please like you are, it's not a bad thing as I know a lot of people that buy these figures don't care about likeness as long as they have the character. Others like me and I guess the people that modded their DX12 cowl want more than just the character, we want it to look like the actor playing the character. Anyway each to their own.

I guess the other thousands of people don't count.

You got any statistics to back that up? I got Maglor's mod thread in the custom section, posts of complaints in the original thread, criticism against it when Luka and OMG first out it up and more. With a quick search, I can find more people that think it was a piss poor attempt than I can anyone praising it. I recall descriptions such as "derpy", "cartoony", "silly".

And yeah, I'd consider the eyes apart of the cowl sculpt, ya know, considering it's part of the cowl sculpt? :lol Unless you break the thing, it's all one piece and should be judged as such. The cowl head has it's own problems like the flattened head in the back and the size, but I can admit that those are easily over looked once the goofy eyes are fixed and you throw on a decent mouth plate. DX 12 had none of those options. The head was the worst part of the release. The armory head is an improvement. Anyone that says otherwise is being doltish.

That's all folks!

http___makeagifcom_media_10-05-2012_sSRWxk_zps9fac2e32.gif

I personally think that the DX12 PERS or eyes were definitely one of the figures biggest flaw especially after viewing the improvement on this version.

I personally think that the DX12 PERS or eyes were definitely one of the figures biggest flaw especially after viewing the improvement on this version.

I think the majority of people do, even if they like the DX12 PERS cowl sculpt, you would have to be stupid to think that this cowl head sculpt is not an improvement over the DX12 cowl head sculpt.

I think the majority of people do, even if they like the DX12 PERS sculpt, you would have to be stupid to think that this cowl head sculpt is not an improvement over the DX12 cowl head sculpt.

This improvement is the biggest draw for me. I am grateful HT listened to the complaints of their customers/fans.

Cowl is cowl, eyes are eyes. The eyes are different, the cowl, by all accounts, is the same. I don't have a new one in hand yet so I can't say for sure, just going by lack of announcement and reports.

No they are just too easy to please like you are, it's not a bad thing as I know a lot of people that buy these figures don't care about likeness as long as they have the character.

You don't know me very well.

You got any statistics to back that up?

You've got it all wrong. You're the one that has to supply the stats. Because as far as Hot Toys sales and edition sizes go, it's plainly obvious they sell more units than there are people posting about mods here in the threads.

I tried posing my DX12 like that. It doesn't bunch up like that and I could barely lift up the leg. The armory version is definitely improved.

BS.

My DX12 can do that. It's not all that hard.

Granted, you can not leave it like that. This is the same DX12 offered a while back.

Back