1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always good to see more pics....and Po's got some nice ones in his set.

But....that sequence of photos of Bruce in the pinstripe suit looks like he was playing pocket pool and got caught.......

....and certainly not Po's "fault", but those open-mouth face plates look pretty bad. The neutral one is good....

Alfred's not looking quite so dead-eyed in this gallery....guess it does add up to the lighting and the angles....

And finally....two words for both Bruce and Alfred in the suits.... "lint brush".

It is great seeing all of these fine photographer bloggers strutting their stuff with this set though....

How can anyone deny they changed the eyes? Look at where the outer corner of the eye is on the dx12 cowl and compare it to the armory one. There is a huge difference

I dont think anyone is denying that they painted the eyes. Which is something a lot of us did anyway.

Not a substantial change if you ask me.

The eyes are a big deal for me, they look much better here than they do on the DX12 and QS001. As someone who is custom challenged, I welcome this change, and it makes the figure look a hundred times better with that simple update.

The paints eyes, and neutral mouth really saved this figure, probably going to order it tonight since I need a 1/6 scale Bale Batman.

Look at the area around the eyes - not the cowl but the part which would be skin painted with eye makeup. In particular, look at the skin area above the eye, which would be just below the eyebrow-

Now compare to the DX12

It’s definitely changed, looks far better too.

That DX12 sculpt looks like complete ****

The eyeshape is clearly different. I find it baffling that some people cant see it

And the cowl. The two little wrinkles directly above the nose are different on the Armory version - on the DX12 the line between them is fractionally to the right of the nose, on the new version its fractionally to the left and the left wrinkle is shorter than the right one, whereas on the DX12 they are roughly the same size.

Some of these mouthplates just don't work. Batman just saw Alfred step out of the shower.

Alfred (in signature Cockney accent): Cat got your tongue, Master Wayne?

batmansurprised.jpg

Man, how the hell did Hot Toys approve those faceplates.
"Mister Chan, these faceplates look like ****! We need to delay this set so that they can be done right!"
"It says Batman. People will suck it up. SHIP IT OUT."

Likely what's happening right now with the Robocop figure. :(

This is like that old Twilight Zone episode, The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street. Hot Toys has given us reused parts, uninspired re-releases, partial figures, Styrofoam Halls of Armor and now crappay mouthplates, itching to see what we'll do.

"Mister Chan, these faceplates look like ****! We need to delay this set so that they can be done right!"
"It says Batman. People will suck it up. SHIP IT OUT."

Likely what's happening right now with the Robocop figure. :(

"Sir, Robert Burke just gave us final approval on his likeness."

"Fantastic! (Lowers his voice) Hehehe, they'll never know the difference."

No not really. Maybe 1/5th or 1/10th of what Armani would charge on a 1/1 suit.

I own several Armani suits for myself and you can get them as low price as $500, $600 for Armani Collezioni, and Giorgio Armani black label for $700-$1000, new with tags, 100% virgin wool, made in Italy. black label GA are fully canvassed.

You can get 2014 season Armani Collezioni in Armani.com for $1.800. (Kato doesn't charge $180)

Kato is charging 1:1 price for what it seems cotton/polyester material...

I own several Armani suits for myself and you can get them as low price as $500, $600 for Armani Collezioni, and Giorgio Armani black label for $700-$1000, new with tags, 100% virgin wool, made in Italy. black label GA are fully canvassed.

You can get 2014 season Armani Collezioni in Armani.com for $1.800. (Kato doesn't charge $180)

Kato is charging 1:1 price for what it seems cotton/polyester material...

Are you sure you are getting originals bro? I own a couple, and they were nowhere near those prices.....

Back