1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually want to see a comparison of the bruce wayne paintups
Different lighting but a comparison none the less.

DX12:
253009_397664650306524_604222886_n.jpg

Armory:
TDKAHD135_zps39083f57.jpg~original

I just want to know if the DX 02 fits in the armory well. Do the pegs fit in? Does it look right?

Seems like a waste to have a figure as articulated as the DX 12, only to put it in some kind of trophy display. The DX 02 seems more suitable for that since the movement is limited to it's arms and it would actually benefit being enclosed in the thing with a neutral "arms at side" pose.
I'm thinking it should. If you remove the boots and the foot peg is the same as the DX12 w/o the foot part, then it should. That's my plan too if it does indeed work. Question is, will the empty cowl + neck fit well on the DX02 or will a mod be necessary?

Its still too early to tell if the suit of the BA ver is better than the DX12. Just look at BB MMS 67 and the TF ex, some thinks that the older one was better.

Seeing that shot of them in the plastic tray, it makes me wonder why Hot Toys doesn't just sell popular characters by their lonesome and keep them in a yearly distribution. Keep up the supply and demand of favorites/best sellers like Batman, Iron Man, Original Predator, etc. with a bare bones set that is nothing more than the main figure, hands, an accessory or two and a standard base in a simple box for about $230.

Basically, just this,

View attachment 130953

And keep them in constant rotation. It could be like a sub line like MMS: Classics. Just take their best selling figures and sell then without gimmicks, a lot of weapons, packs, exclusives, fancy packaging etc. Do it with Iron Man, Batman, Joker, any character that's popular. They'd surely profit considering there's always a need for those characters. They have no qualms about repaints, redos, or what have you, so why not. I bet it'd be more successful than their diorama or "compact series". It'd also combat recasting and secondary market issues.

But then HT wouldn't be able to create "scarcity." It'd be good for us, bad for them.

I don't own either the DX02 or the DX12. Maybe I was getting my hopes up for this set, but so far, it hasn't knocked me on my ass. Stuffing three high-end figures into a plastic tray, plastic wrapping everywhere, figure stands jammed underneath legs...I guess I was just expecting more from Hot Toys.

If you're just focused on the figures and only the figures, then the packaging really doesn't matter. But for $625? Sheesh. It should matter.

And I'm just getting the armory with the figure, the redheaded stepchild out of all three options. How bad is that one going to look? It's going to cost near $400 and it's going to be packaged like a NECA Predator TRU Exclusive set.

When Hot Toys really gives a damn (DX01, DX06 through DX09, DX11, DX13), nobody does it better. But when they don't.... Maybe I should just wait for OMG and JingoBell pics of DX15 to get me in the right frame of mind.

And then the mouthplates. Ohhh, the mouthplates.

I don't know, maybe I'm just riding the HT roller coaster. Lovehatelovehate....

The Armory Batman Sculpt is definitely better then the DX012. Not enough to sell my DX12 over it though.

Whoever wrote earlier in this thread that this was a value release was right. This packaging looks like DC Collectibles.

View attachment 131001

It's the same packaging you'd see with any of the regular MMS figures, just times three. Has there ever been an issue with the regular MMS plastic packaging? As long as it doesn't damage the figures I don't see the big deal in using it.

It's the same packaging you'd see with any of the regular MMS figures, just times three. Has there ever been an issue with the regular MMS plastic packaging? As long as it doesn't damage the figures I don't see the big deal in using it.

Yeah, I know it's very similar. I guess, at least to me, what's forgivable at $200 is less so at $600.

I'm sure it wouldn't bother me as much if all four mouthplates were home runs.

Exactly.

I dont see what the issue is, seems like sometimes people are complaining just for the sake of complaining.:lol

Well, define better. Again, if there were a major issue with the plastic packaging that damaged the figures I could see why you'd want the foam, but as far as I know both seem to do what they're meant to do and keep the figures safe and secure inside the box. I guess aesthetically the foam might be nicer, but that's going to be inside the box 99.9 percent of the time.

Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe I'm still bummed about the mouthplates. I saw the prototype pics and knew I wanted this set, especially because I don't own any Batman figures. And all four mouthplates looked great!

Then OMG posted his pics where the mouthplates looked like crap and then JingoBell posted his, and the mouthplates were only slightly better. Then I'm seeing pics of the packaging and I'm just getting more and more disappointed.

These things are really, really expensive. That's not a problem if you feel you're at least getting what you paid for, if you're getting your money's worth. But if you feel HT is just taking your money and mailing it in...well, that's another story for another day.

I'm pinning my hopes to the whole thing looking better in YouTube reviews or when it's finally in hand.

Seriously the packaging? What does it matter as long as they are well protected? Next the box shape or choking hazard warning will disappoint someone.

Back