1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed it looks like they fixed the chest plate. Remember on the DX 12 the lines don't line up the same.
Really liking this set and going to try and get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which pic did you see it in? I've been trying to find it but both suit look exactly the same to me.

surely I can't be the only guy who's been appalled from the start about Bruce's suit color right??

looks like the cut of the suit ended up being lackluster too, aside from that, this set is ace! Ill be buying for sure

surely I can't be the only guy who's been appalled from the start about Bruce's suit color right??

looks like the cut of the suit ended up being lackluster too, aside from that, this set is ace! Ill be buying for sure

No I think most of us hate the color of the suit as it is so boring looking because it is just a black suit with white stripes. The actual suit is suppose to be a dark blue with light blue/grey stripes, Kato pretty much nailed it.

Last edited:
10599254_713989608676755_5476325030964671324_n.jpg

:lol

"I'm not sure I would agree. There seems to be a slight change which I can't quite figure out."
Jokes and Bats

It is just the illusion of the lighting. If you look at the frown area, the center line, its tilted towards the right-side of the cowl (to the left for you). The muscles on either-side is also identical (they're actually different if you look carefully enough). This IS the same DX12 cowl.

It is just the illusion of the lighting. If you look at the frown area, the center line, its tilted towards the right-side of the cowl (to the left for you). The muscles on either-side is also identical (they're actually different if you look carefully enough). This IS the same DX12 cowl.

It could be the same. Perhaps the eye change and mouth plate are making it look different.

The squint that HT have added really does help the improvement. I'm under no illusion though - I hated the DX12 sculpt. However, I can live with this one (even if the back of the cowl is still the wrong shape)because the eyes and neutral mouth plate look great.

Still nowhere near as good as either of the Keaton sculpts.

It could be the same. Perhaps the eye change and mouth plate are making it look different.

The squint that HT have added really does help the improvement. I'm under no illusion though - I hated the DX12 sculpt. However, I can live with this one (even if the back of the cowl is still the wrong shape)because the eyes and neutral mouth plate look great.

Still nowhere near as good as either of the Keaton sculpts.

I agree that the eyes (I think its just painted) and mouth piece makes it better. I really wish they'd made a new sculpt since the DX12 is pea-sided. Oh well, always got Keaton Batman Returns to look forward to...

How many DX12s do you own again? Case CLOSED. You're a good guy. But you go a little hyperbolic when it comes to Hot Toys and Batman.

Two, and I don't even use the stock cowl head. So what's your point?

These threads are ALWAYS exactly the same. Subject matter is irrelevant. Massive swing from great to sucks back to great. The same pattern the same comments.

Yeah, that's why the DX 12 is the most modded out figure that Hot Toys has ever done. There's so many problems that several threads formed, dedicated to fixing it's issues. How many people criticized the eyes and modded them or bought $40 custom mouth plates to replace the old goofy ones? That's what I thought. Nobody is being hyperbolic, from the second in hand pics of the DX 12 hit to the moment people got them in hand, there's been a consistent amount of criticism about that head sculpt. The body and newly developed suit was great, but that head? You're the only one to say it looks good. Hell, I recall you being the only one in the armory thread, going against the grain, saying that a new sculpted cowl head or eyes wasn't necessary to you as everyone was clamoring for a change. It's only ever been you, which is fine. Don't go into these threads and try to tell people like it is though. I don't know if you were around when this was first released, but the response to the head has been overwhelmingly negative. The stock head was goofy, period.

Fast forward to this armory where they tweaked the eyes, and you can clearly see the issues we all had with the first. This one is an improvement with the black paint around the eyes, the slightly tweaked squinted shape of them and the new neutral faceplate. It took a goofy looking head and made it displayable.

Isn't that right DX 12 Batman?

fa785b47947fcd00085ff367863ae1a5_zpse0e76c1e.gif

Last edited:
Two, and I don't even use the stock cowl head. So what's your point?

Yeah, that's why the DX 12 is the most modded out figure that Hot Toys has ever done. There's so many problems that several threads formed, dedicated to fixing it's issues. How many people criticized the eyes and modded them or bought $40 custom mouth plates to replace the old goofy ones? That's what I thought. Nobody is being hyperbolic, from the second in hand pics of the DX 12 hit to the moment people got them in hand, there's been a consistent amount of criticism about that head sculpt. The body and newly developed suit was great, but that head? You're the only one to say it looks good. Hell, I recall you being the only one in the armory thread, going against the grain, saying that a new sculpted cowl head or eyes wasn't necessary to you as everyone was clamoring for a change. It's only ever been you, which is fine. Don't go into these threads and try to tell people like it is though. I don't know if you were around when this was first released, but the response to the head has been overwhelmingly negative. The stock head was goofy, period.

Fast forward to this armory where they tweaked the eyes, and you can clearly see the issues we all had with the first. This one is an improvement with the black paint around the eyes, the slightly tweaked squinted shape of them and the new neutral faceplate. It took a goofy looking head and made it displayable.

Isn't that right DX 12 Batman?

fa785b47947fcd00085ff367863ae1a5_zpse0e76c1e.gif

:goodpost:

While everyone might have different opinions the fact is that this cowl is more accurate than the DX12 cowl as it has that squint look Bale has and a better face plate. I don't think it matters how many DX12s do u have, I also have two and none of them have the stock head either on them because I just hated those bug eyes on the DX12 cowl.

Last edited:
Back