1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Batman came with a stand like those. I'm getting tired of the huge DX stands, I need space to fit more figures.

Seeing that shot of them in the plastic tray, it makes me wonder why Hot Toys doesn't just sell popular characters by their lonesome and keep them in a yearly distribution. Keep up the supply and demand of favorites/best sellers like Batman, Iron Man, Original Predator, etc. with a bare bones set that is nothing more than the main figure, hands, an accessory or two and a standard base in a simple box for about $230.

Basically, just this,

image.jpg

And keep them in constant rotation. It could be like a sub line like MMS: Classics. Just take their best selling figures and sell then without gimmicks, a lot of weapons, packs, exclusives, fancy packaging etc. Do it with Iron Man, Batman, Joker, any character that's popular. They'd surely profit considering there's always a need for those characters. They have no qualms about repaints, redos, or what have you, so why not. I bet it'd be more successful than their diorama or "compact series". It'd also combat recasting and secondary market issues.

Last edited:
So, I'm curious; does the neutral faceplate legitimately look like Bale, or is it just because he actually looks like a normal human being that we like it so much?:lol

Seeing that shot of them in the plastic tray, it makes me wonder why Hot Toys doesn't just sell popular characters by their lonesome and keep them in a yearly distribution. Keep up the supply and demand of favorites/best sellers like Batman, Iron Man, Original Predator, etc. with a bare bones set that is nothing more than the main figure, hands, an accessory or two and a standard base in a simple box for about $220.

Basically, just this,

View attachment 130953

And keep them in constant rotation. It could be like a sub line like MMS: Classics. Just take their best selling figures and sell then without gimmicks, packs, exclusives, etc. Do it with Iron Man, Batman, Joker, any character that's popular. They'd surely profit considering there's always a need for those characters. They have no qualms about repaints, redos, or what have you, so why not. I bet it'd be more successful than their diorama or "compact series". It'd also combat recasting and secondary market issues.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Totally agree, the secondary market doesn't put one cent of profit in Howard's pocket. Surely it would be better to make use of their tooling library and keep things available.

So, I'm curious; does the neutral faceplate legitimately look like Bale, or is it just because he actually looks like a normal human being that we like it so much?:lol

:lol

You're actually right. I think the only reason I dig the neutral face is because it doesn't look strange. It actually doesn't look a whole lot like him, but it's the only one that look proportionate and human out of the 7 we've gotten so far between this and the DX 12. We had "smirky", "toothy", "meanie", "fappy", "blue steel", and "chimpmunk", so an expressionless one is actually a breath of fresh air, regardless of whether or not it looks like him. We can just be thankful that it fits in the mouth hole properly and looks proportion with his upper face.

Man, Hot Toys killed with the DX 02 expressions and the QS 01, even the "goofy" expressions looked like the goofy faces Bale made (the "cooing baby" being my favorite. Why can't they recreate that magic any more? They nailed Keaton and West, so much so that I actually display West with the "oh ****, this bomb is about to blow" face.

:lol

You're actually right. I think the only reason I dig the neutral face is because it doesn't look strange. It actually doesn't look a whole lot like him, but it's the only one that look proportionate and human out of the 7 we've gotten so far between this and the DX 12. We had "smirky", "toothy", "meanie", "fappy", "blue steel", and "chimpmunk", so an expressionless one is actually a breath of fresh air, regardless of whether or not it looks like him. We can just be thankful that it fits in the mouth hole properly and looks proportion with his upper face.

Man, Hot Toys killed with the DX 02 expressions and the QS 01, even the "goofy" expressions looked like the goofy faces Bale made (the "cooing baby" being my favorite. Why can't they recreate that magic any more? They nailed Keaton and West, so much so that I actually display West with the "oh ****, this bomb is about to blow" face.

Looking back, they did do a pretty damn good job with the DX 02, didn't they? It's been so long since I actually looked at pics of that figure. There's no question about the QS 001. That might be the best out-of-the-box Bale Batman figure I've ever seen. I'd even argue better than EB's, for the simple fact that you don't need to mod it or anything for it to look great.

That Begins Batman is awesome, but we all know about the stock Urkel pants.:lol Anyway, yeah, it boggles my mind, too. Keaton, West, the QS; hell, if the final product turns out like the proto, I'd say the Arkham Batman looks just like the source material, too. Think about that, for a second: Hot Toys can accurately sculpt a proportional nightmare of a design (one that you explained to me, I might add), but they can't get a normal Bale likeness in 1/6th, for the life of them.:lol At this point, they should just do accessory packs with new Faceplates included twice a year. :lol

Seeing that shot of them in the plastic tray, it makes me wonder why Hot Toys doesn't just sell popular characters by their lonesome and keep them in a yearly distribution. Keep up the supply and demand of favorites/best sellers like Batman, Iron Man, Original Predator, etc. with a bare bones set that is nothing more than the main figure, hands, an accessory or two and a standard base in a simple box for about $230.

Basically, just this,

View attachment 130953

And keep them in constant rotation. It could be like a sub line like MMS: Classics. Just take their best selling figures and sell then without gimmicks, a lot of weapons, packs, exclusives, fancy packaging etc. Do it with Iron Man, Batman, Joker, any character that's popular. They'd surely profit considering there's always a need for those characters. They have no qualms about repaints, redos, or what have you, so why not. I bet it'd be more successful than their diorama or "compact series". It'd also combat recasting and secondary market issues.

HT can come out as many versions of batman they want, but if it's the Bale/Nolan version it's not a priority to me. I'm just not a huge fan of the Nolan trilogy:lecture

Now if they did this with the Keaton era of Batman, I will collect anything they produce. Even if it's the Kilmer version.

Yeah, compared to these 1/6 Bale figures, Arkham Batman looks like a genetically perfect human being. :lol If we could imagine for a second, DX 12 Batman and this guy without their masks, their head and facial structure would definitely be the result of fetal alcohol syndrome.

I mean dayum Martha, whatchoo be drinkin' girl?

Yeah, compared to these 1/6 Bale figures, Arkham Batman looks like a genetically perfect human being. :lol If we could imagine for a second, DX 12 Batman and this guy without their masks, their head and facial structure would definitely be the result of fetal alcohol syndrome.

:exactly: That Arkham Batman is definitely on my must have list. I will get another Hathaway CW version if they choose to make one though :wink1:

Does Alfred have PERS or did they mess up the direction of his eyes, because from the close up in hand shots, looks like the eyes are positioned wrong:dunno

Back