1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if this isn't HT testing the waters. Howard's always been extremely vocal about how "characters in suits aren't visually interesting." It makes me wonder if the three different variations of this set are either his way of challenging his own ideas or supporting them. If the barebones $300 armory is the best seller, then, I guess, from his standpoint, he'd have been right all along, but, if the set with Alfred and Bruce sells like Hotcakes, I kind of wonder if we won't see some more "plain clothes" characters like Gordon.

out of topic about the armory, but still connected to batman. i recently bought the ht camo tumbler from bbts. if someone is interested on purchasing it, how much would the shipping cost? thank YOU.

out of topic about the armory, but still connected to batman. i recently bought the ht camo tumbler from bbts. if someone is interested on purchasing it, how much would the shipping cost here in US? thank YOU.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if this isn't HT testing the waters. Howard's always been extremely vocal about how "characters in suits aren't visually interesting." It makes me wonder if the three different variations of this set are either his way of challenging his own ideas or supporting them. If the barebones $300 armory is the best seller, then, I guess, from his standpoint, he'd have been right all along, but, if the set with Alfred and Bruce sells like Hotcakes, I kind of wonder if we won't see some more "plain clothes" characters like Gordon.

Hmm... I think a stand alone suite figure always has challenges.. Like MIB... I dont see many buying it. But if the character is very strong and central, people will buy it. In fact i avoid robots and armours except may be terminator. Lastly, these 3 sets would be a wrong example to test his waters as you still have a batman figure in each of these and a rock solid armory... There were massive waitlists just for the batman figure, so armory is an icing in the cake, plus the suite figures like Alfred, no one is likely to do...
So all in all this is not a benchmark for a "bland suite figure" from any other movie... These are must haves in 3 different flavors ... Just my thoughts...

My point is that, if the only appeal was the Batman figure, that would be the best seller, but what I'm trying to get at is that, perhaps, Howard is using the other two variations as a way to gauge how much people want suited figures (why buy the 3-pack if you only want Batman?).

My point is that, if the only appeal was the Batman figure, that would be the best seller, but what I'm trying to get at is that, perhaps, Howard is using the other two variations as a way to gauge how much people want suited figures (why buy the 3-pack if you only want Batman?).

Yes, but maybe all it would prove is that people are willing to buy plain suited figures IF and ONLY IF, they are bundled with something else that is visually interesting. If the Alfred, Bruce + Batman set is the best seller, we can't be sure one way or the other if people were motivated by the plain clothes figures or by the entire bundle-ness (best deal) of it all. Especially since a lot of the complete sets will be parted out on the secondary market later...and it will be impossible to tell if they were bought just for flipping profit on the parts the seller isn't interested in, or just for flipping a profit by selling ALL the bundled parts individually (the seller isn't interested in keeping any of it--just profit).

In other words, the only way to know the real demand for a plain-clothes figure, is to sell that plain clothes figure by itself at retail.

Hot Toys have done plain clothes figures sold alone, so whatever Chan's personal opinion, as a company they're willing to do it. Custom plain cloths figures also sell regularly here on the forum for over $1000 each, so there are at least a small niche percentage of the collecting community willing to pay large sums for otherwise contemporary figures.

My personal opinion is that 1/6 figures in immaculately produced scale real-world outfits are very interesting. We've grown up with super heroes and fantasy figures everywhere, the only nods to the "real world" being poorly produced Barbie dolls, a few vintage figures and high end collectible dolls that in fact look more like aliens than humans with their enormous eyes and severely disproportioned features.

Last edited:
Isn't that Banner doll being sold by itself? It's pretty underwhelming actually, but some of those guys (marvel I gotta have it all kind of dudes) don't seem to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, and Agent Coulson sold all by himself (with a big gun). Those cases show that a suited figure can sell. It's not that a suited-figure won't sell....it's more that bundling a suited figure with a big accessory + basically a completely separate superhero figure doesn't tell us one way or another what people are primarily buying the set for --- even the most basic set comes with a Batman figure.

Now if there was an option to buy just Bruce or just Alfred direct from Hot Toys, comparing the sales figures of those to the sets that include just Batman might tell Hot Toys something significant.

I wanted Wayne and Alfred which is why I ordered the 3 pack. I sold My DX12 last year since I hated the head sculpt so I need a Batman too. Still debating if I want to get a spare body to throw in the armory for display or just sell it when I get it.

True, but considering what Alfred comes with, that figure should be worth $150 - $180 tops at retail (if it was available as a single figure at retail that is). I doubt anyone will part it out for that little.

Back