1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bat looks like he could use some of the giraffe neck from the dx02 :lol

The collar of the blazer is too thick, that's why it's not looking too good with the jacket on. Plus the collar on the shirt isn't that firm and sharp - like how a good tailored shirt is supposed to look. Alfred's outfit and fit looks much better than BW from the few pics I be seen so far.

Can anyone tell if there have been any changes to the Batsuit so far? or is it a carbon copy of the DX12?

Aside from the cowl. Just the body.

13927_10152711840769743_4509912785173028477_n.jpg

A little sloppy around the edges of the mouthplate, but I like the way he looks here.

I don't mind the lack of a giraffe neck, Bale's supposed to have something of a stout, bull neck. He worked out like a mofo and bulked up for the trilogy, he shouldn't look the way he did in The Machinist.

balebats.jpg

Can anyone tell if there have been any changes to the Batsuit so far? or is it a carbon copy of the DX12?

Aside from the cowl. Just the body.

Other than slightly smaller eyes, more black paint around them and possible changes to the cowl, I don't think HT made any other changes to the figure. The DX12 was their FOTY.

But too bad they didn't redo the cape, using a material more faithful to the film. It sounds a little silly, but it really does detract from the overall presentation.

Paint a big plus?

I'd say a complete rework of it (a lo QS001) would've been a BIGGER plus....

I think the eyes of the cowl are more accurate on this than the QS001. They have that squint look that the QS001 doesn't have because they have a different shape to them than the QS001. They actually look like Bale's eyes. The QS001 has the same shape eyes as the DX12 but they are just set back further into the cowl and are a bit smaller. On this figure they have not only changed the size of the eyes but also the shape to. :yess:

13927_10152711840769743_4509912785173028477_n.jpg

10384675_10152711840604743_5718519755285248594_n.jpg

10665703_10152711840899743_6325132164664546768_n.jpg

I'm very happy with the way the dx12 sculpt came out on this. So much so that I just preordered the set with batman only. I purchased the dx12 when it came out because it was the best option at the time and I really wanted a dark knight batman. Most of the gripes about the dx12 didn't bug me, but I always disliked the pers on it. I figured it was simply intentional absolution to motivate collectors to buy the QS01. Ill easily make use of this set and my original dx12. I need this new hs I'm pretty sick of having batmans head leaned down with the eyes up and forward.

Can someone please just get the new ones in hand so we can see if the eyes/cowl have in fact been altered?

I think it is pretty obvious they have been altered because on every angle they appear to have a different shape to the eyes on the DX12. The shape of the eyes on the DX12 only looked different when the head was tilted down.

I'm very happy with the way the dx12 sculpt came out on this. So much so that I just preordered the set with batman only. I purchased the dx12 when it came out because it was the best option at the time and I really wanted a dark knight batman. Most of the gripes about the dx12 didn't bug me, but I always disliked the pers on it. I figured it was simply intentional absolution to motivate collectors to buy the QS01. Ill easily make use of this set and my original dx12. I need this new hs I'm pretty sick of having batmans head leaned down with the eyes up and forward.

Do you think the extra mouth pieces from the DX12 will work with the batman head with the armory set? I can't tell if they are the same size through pictures, but it looks close.

Do you think the extra mouth pieces from the DX12 will work with the batman head with the armory set? I can't tell if they are the same size through pictures, but it looks close.

This is the recast ebay mouth which is designed to fit the DX12 mouth - it looks like it fits the new cowl but not very well. You can see it's a bit messy around the edges.

10665703_10152711840899743_6325132164664546768_n.jpg

yeah I see that now, but it doesn't look terrible... the reason I ask is because I really like DX12's closed mouth scowl face.

Bad fuzing on the cape clips, and the suit in the armour is posed wrongly. These bloggers seems to be rushing with the photos and posings this time around.

Well, okay... but they are some of the best photos of Bruce and Alfred that I've seen. And I'm still grateful for their efforts... it's not like we're paying them for the pics.

A buddy of mine was saying they changed the neck post too but I cannot see it. Any truth to that?

People are saying they've changed a lot of things. I suspect a lot of people are seeing what they wish to see.

I think it is pretty obvious they have been altered because on every angle they appear to have a different shape to the eyes on the DX12. The shape of the eyes on the DX12 only looked different when the head was tilted down.

So no side by side photos? Because to me it simply looks like the painting has been changed as so many of us have done.

Back