Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Man Mark 42 Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

So I really like what I can see of the Iron Man in the background. I've decided I can build a seven piece Avengers display with Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, Black Widow, Spider Woman, the new Cap, Thor (all of which I either own or have on order) and possibly this Iron Man. What do you guys think the chance that Sideshow will make a comic version Iron Man PF? I have been collecting comic versions exclusively, but I think this one may display well with the rest of the team. Thoughts?

The pose... hmmm, something a bit off, I meant the Iron Patriot hehe

Mk.42 and Iron Patriot look great together even from just that one pic. :clap

So I really like what I can see of the Iron Man in the background. I've decided I can build a seven piece Avengers display with Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, Black Widow, Spider Woman, the new Cap, Thor (all of which I either own or have on order) and possibly this Iron Man. What do you guys think the chance that Sideshow will make a comic version Iron Man PF? I have been collecting comic versions exclusively, but I think this one may display well with the rest of the team. Thoughts?

I've been collecting since 2011. Just the past 3 years has taught me to wait. If you like the movie version, get it, but if you really want a comic version, either pay the going rate for what's out there now or wait. I went ahead and paid for the Spidey Comiquette cuz Spidey's my favorite, but I wanted a 1/4 Hulk, Cap and Thor in comic versions, but I couldn't see myself paying for their after market prices... I skipped the movie stuff, even the Hulk Maquette which was very tempting... And look where we are now with them. I'll have all 3 new versions within the next year. Although SS has done comic IM in 1/4 as a Comiquette (I have the classic and love it) there's never been an actual IM PF. Rest assured they'll do a comic version PF if you can wait for it.

I've been collecting since 2011. Just the past 3 years has taught me to wait. If you like the movie version, get it, but if you really want a comic version, either pay the going rate for what's out there now or wait. I went ahead and paid for the Spidey Comiquette cuz Spidey's my favorite, but I wanted a 1/4 Hulk, Cap and Thor in comic versions, but I couldn't see myself paying for their after market prices... I skipped the movie stuff, even the Hulk Maquette which was very tempting... And look where we are now with them. I'll have all 3 new versions within the next year. Although SS has done comic IM in 1/4 as a Comiquette (I have the classic and love it) there's never been an actual IM PF. Rest assured they'll do a comic version PF if you can wait for it.

Of all the characters in the Marvel Universe, Iron Man has to be the one that it makes the least difference if its comic or movie based.

Of all the characters in the Marvel Universe, Iron Man has to be the one that it makes the least difference if its comic or movie based.

I mostly agree, the movie armor is obviously heavily influenced by the modern comic armors. But I can always tell the difference where most non comic readers can't and probably don't care.

Totally agree. I would like a general comic based comiquette or maquette of IM though.

Hurry up Sideshow...more pics please :)

So is this a PF or a maquette?

They are calling the Iron Patriot a maquette, I imagine this one will be called the same when it actually gets its own listing. Who knows why they put PF in the teaser.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-patriot-sideshow-collectibles-300370/

Maybe this will help

2hykj82.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Thanks Al, Let's just say 'Cool Statues' :lol

This and IP will be known as 'Maquettes' like the Mk VI.
No idea why they put 'Premium Format Collection'.

...So what scale are LSF? :monkey3

Thanks Al, Let's just say 'Cool Statues' :lol

This and IP will be known as 'Maquettes' like the Mk VI.
No idea why they put 'Premium Format Collection'.

...So what scale are LSF? :monkey3

:dunno

Wolverine Sideshow Legendary Scale Figure Premium Format is 1/2 scale

:dunno

Wolverine Sideshow Legendary Scale Figure Premium Format is 1/2 scale

However, Sideshow posted themselves, Legendary Scale Figure is not necessarily based on 1/2 scale (i.e. Wolf).

The strangest part... they elected to use the word "Figure" to describe this specialty line of "statues".

Go figure! :monkey1

Come on, release some photos of this! Really want to see it! When do you guys thing we'll know more?

Come on, release some photos of this! Really want to see it! When do you guys thing we'll know more?

Well, if the one that was shown next to IP is real, then I imagine it isn't too far into the future. Maybe within a month?

I missed out on the Mark VI maquette, so this is looking like a good purchase. I only have space for one 1/4 Iron Man statue really - this looks like it's gonna fit the bill. Taking it's sweet time though!

I missed out on the Mark VI maquette, so this is looking like a good purchase. I only have space for one 1/4 Iron Man statue really - this looks like it's gonna fit the bill. Taking it's sweet time though!
Holding out for the 1:4 Mk VII personally.
If I buy anything Mk 42 it will be the 1:1 bust.

Back