Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preview-Night-Sideshow132.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow133.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow134.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow135.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow136.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow29.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow30.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow31.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow32.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow34.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow35.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow36.jpg

The red on this 42 looks very dark, almost crimson like the Mk 3 is. That would be the wrong shade of red for the 42, hope it's poor lighting.

All round, the 42 is just bad. The red is off, the gold is WAY off and is actually pretty damn matte. Just very disappointed when compared to the PO preview pics. I want this so bad to go with IP but unless they change that paint scheme, can't do it. If all future IM PFs are like this, I am passing on all of them. I am really happy with the mark VI maquette so my money can go elsewhere.

Looking at this pic and then looking over at my Iron Studios Mk 42 1/4, the gold paint on both of them look nearly identical but IS got the candy red correct.

Funny how IS got hammered for that when that piece was shown, yet hardly a peep here.

Looking at this pic and then looking over at my Iron Studios Mk 42 1/4, the gold paint on both of them look nearly identical but IS got the candy red correct.

Funny how IS got hammered for that when that piece was shown, yet hardly a peep here.

Man, from reading your statement, it had me worry that the paint job on this SS mark 42 is going to look like the one from Iron Studio which I'm pretty let down on that one. I wasn't impressed in those closeup shot photos in SDCC 2014, but it looks good on far away shot though and good sculpt. Just the paint job that concerns me. It looks great in the Sideshow pre order site, but not here. I haven't PO this one yet. Still in the midst of making decision.

I have this ordered locally and am kind of regretting it so far. If in hand pics do not look better, back he goes.

I was in for the Mark 2 as well, but not after seeing these pics and comparing them to the movie...

Man, from reading your statement, it had me worry that the paint job on this SS mark 42 is going to look like the one from Iron Studio which I'm pretty let down on that one. I wasn't impressed in those closeup shot photos in SDCC 2014, but it looks good on far away shot though and good sculpt. Just the paint job that concerns me. It looks great in the Sideshow pre order site, but not here. I haven't PO this one yet. Still in the midst of making decision.

From a distance all statues looks good, especially if you wear glasses and you are looking at them without your glasses on :lol

I thought both IM's looked good. I'm not a big enough fan to pick up the mk2 and this was the first time I saw it. Tbh, I wish they did something new instead of a what, 5/6 year old model?

Emma and Peeg though, gah, what disasters. Those were hideous in every way possible.

I thought both IM's looked good. I'm not a big enough fan to pick up the mk2 and this was the first time I saw it. Tbh, I wish they did something new instead of a what, 5/6 year old model?

Emma and Peeg though, gah, what disasters. Those were hideous in every way possible.

My feelings were quite the opposite. I'm all in for Emma and PG and mark 42 is almost a 100% pass unless they redo the paint. I'm gonna cancel my iron patriot as well since that's prob a disaster paint job as well.

My Mk 6 has held up but that release was plagued with Qc paint problems on chin specifically.
Aswell as the chin, I believe the mouth of the faceplate had some terrible issues...this is one of the good examples :lol

uqaqemes.jpg

Only problem for me on the MKVI maquette was that it lacked some serious battle damage hence why in the end I had to customise mine

uju8abag.jpg

Yikes Andy, I wasn't aware of the misalignment issues of the Mk 6 maquette. Was that a common QC issue?

Great job on the BD custom! :clap

Aswell as the chin, I believe the mouth of the faceplate had some terrible issues...this is one of the good examples :lol

uqaqemes.jpg

Only problem for me on the MKVI maquette was that it lacked some serious battle damage hence why in the end I had to customise mine

uju8abag.jpg

It could be the lighting but the BD on your custom is a bit much for my tastes.

Back