Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus guys how many times has their been panic over a single video or a couple pictures that aren't the best quality then when it starts rolling in everyone gets happy again. Chill out and wait for real pics or judge yourself inhand :| The guy who did the video himself came on SF and talked about the quality and said it was good and stuff. I'm not saying it's gonna be awesome, it might be **** but this is just a ridiculous amount of overreaction :|

Jesus guys how many times has their been panic over a single video or a couple pictures that aren't the best quality then when it starts rolling in everyone gets happy again. Chill out and wait for real pics or judge yourself inhand :| The guy who did the video himself came on SF and talked about the quality and said it was good and stuff. I'm not saying it's gonna be awesome, it might be **** but this is just a ridiculous amount of overreaction :|

So those pics are fake? [emoji12]

So those pics are fake? [emoji12]

I wish it was a fake,this the most badly start of a company in the 1/4 scale line for sure

10515334_666960800053243_2984896660833411512_o.jpg

I cancel Garrus,Kratos and liara,no more Gaming for me

The worst is that Gaming heads dosn't response any of the mails that me or some fellas send to them,this is a bad joke

He is right about the fact that a lot of topics on this forum (for SS and Hot Toys at least) go through these steps:
* concept/prototype: "superb"
* first official photos of final product: "damn, they messed up!"
* first in-hand photos: "wasn't so bad, but still lacking"
* first HQ in-hand photos: "damn good!"

I don't think the sculpt has changed, and it seems pretty accurate compared to the prototype. Maybe some very minor variations of her right arm position, but nothing major (if any). Check their FB photos in the previous page. The pose looks good, and as expected.

Yet, we didn't pay much attention on those photos, but the way the dirt and blood are done on their FB photos already shows the lazy paints on her face... which was the most important part :( The red marks are like Indian war paints... That's what I think is disappointing here, at least from their quite low res photos.

If this is confirmed, why should I pay this around 90 € ($120!) more than my SS Boromir Polystone statue, which has kept most of all the incredible paint details in the product version? They could have at least avoided to make those dirt dashes look ridiculous... (and unblurred photos won't change that...)

GH bills us like it's a Premium Format, so we have the right to expect a better paint job for the face, even if I understand it would be near impossible to be as good as the prototype.

The worst is that Gaming heads dosn't response any of the mails that me or some fellas send to them,this is a bad joke
You might need to wait 24 to 48 hours before having an answer from them. If you are waiting longer than that, they may indeed not answer you :/

I don't think she looks bad or anything and the pics shown by that collector is no sole reason to judge but she was borderline with me and had to look near the proto for me to keep her and she doesn't. I don't expect perfection and accept less from some characters but she was on the fence and I needed to be highly impressed to keep her rather than other things so for me it isn't the pics it's just the final version didn't knock my socks off so choices had to be made.

Hmm. Lost a TON of detail in the casting. Especially in the hair and in the fibre of the shirt, which seems to have gone completely. Not a disaster exactly but pretty damn disappointing all the same.

I think the baby calls it in the vid when asked by dad "is that good?"

Kid: "meh"

I wouldn't panic. Those mass pics they showed looked pretty good. just wait and see.

Those pics do look pretty bad. She looks like she got drunk and fell down some stairs. I'll wait to see some other pics before I judge her too harshly.

The video is terrible. I can say that because it's mine! My daughter Marceline is the highlight. Things like the paint on the lips and the actual tones, and even the face shape seem very different in real life. The paint job doesn't seem nearly as detailed as the prototype, but it's MUCH better than my video. I apologise for being the first AND putting up a crappy quality one. I should have checked. The video was mostly for my friends, but being in Australia, I forgot that I'd get mine before most of the world...

The video is terrible. I can say that because it's mine! My daughter Marceline is the highlight. Things like the paint on the lips and the actual tones, and even the face shape seem very different in real life. The paint job doesn't seem nearly as detailed as the prototype, but it's MUCH better than my video. I apologise for being the first AND putting up a crappy quality one. I should have checked. The video was mostly for my friends, but being in Australia, I forgot that I'd get mine before most of the world...

Don't apologize,you have made a funny video and shows the statue well,later you also show pics in the video,isn't a bad video,I like it and the best is your daughter, so sweet and beautiful,congrats

But you have to understand that all the we have buy this piece want a QC not too far from the prototype,we know that's almost impossible to get with the same quality as the prototype but ,and this is my point of view, I think that Gaming heads must to change their policy of QC right now,because it's a great desing,sculpt and the proto is insanely well painted and people who paid almost $400 for this wants a high end collectible

I really like Garrus and liara but this paint job confuses me for what they could do.

Receive mail from Gaming heads

------------------------------

Hi

First of all, I need to apologize to you because I deleted your post from our Facebook page by accident. I am really sorry about that. If you can, please post that message back again because we would also like to address you issue there.

Secondly, regarding the pictures, they are from a Youtube video with low resolution. Here below is a message from the one who made the video:

"That's my video. I apologise for not doing it justice. It actually looks fantastic. It wasn't meant to be a review- I usually collect 1/8 scale anime figures, so I was just documenting my first 1/4 scale purchase. And having Marceline in need of attention didn't give me long enough to locate my tripod. My only criticism of the figure is that when you tilt the statue back and look at the eyes up close they seem very red. This effect is lost when she's standing normally for some reason. That, and I had to dig a little paint out of the hand connection points to get them to sit flush."

Please visit this link: https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=141449&page=14

You can also check the video with this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfg0ONwYi4. From the video, you can see that the statue actually does not look like those pictures.

We look forward to your further instructions regarding your orders with us. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us!

Best regards,
Airy Lam
Customer Service
GamingHeads.com
---------------------------------

Still waiting for new pics but this response doesn´t convince me at all

Back