The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hobbit: There and Back Again

I think so. I'd have to go through my trailer files and see when I downloaded it.

There's a report on the One Ring that MGM has registered The Hobbit: Into the Fire as a title. Make of that what you will.

I think they're just doing it to use on a say a video game or something similar to that. I wouldn't think they'd change the title of the movie 8 months before the movie comes out.

There's a report on the One Ring that MGM has registered The Hobbit: Into the Fire as a title. Make of that what you will.

Please don't make The Hobbit feel like a instalment of "Hunger Games"!! There and Back Again is so complete and beautiful!!

Unlikely they would but they'd better not change it :cuss - There and Back Again is the perfect title for the final film...Probably for a game or something like someone mentioned earlier.

The wait for this movie is killing me. :gah: :impatient:

Same here, cannot wait for this film...even if it is (probably) the last Middle Earth film we get :monkey2

Bring on the trailer please... :impatient:

I have never watched a trailer for a movie I know I will see in the theatres.

This has applied to LOTR and Hobbit movies. I walk in the theatres with every single scene being viewed for the first time! I pat my back for the effort. It's not easy. You have to be in "dumb ass" mode up to the point of buying a ticket!!

Actually "Into The Fire" wouldn't apply to a video game (or a book or a TV show). If I'm understanding it correctly, the place where they registered the title is for theatrical movie titles only. (The MPAA.)

But remember, just registering a title doesn't mean they're obligated to use it. (New Line has registered other Hobbit titles they haven't used.) Studios do this all the time. That Batman/Superman movie has registered dozens of potential titles.

I'm sure their "marketing professionals" focus tested this stuff from here to the moon and told them "There and Back Again" wasn't action-y enough. :slap

They'd be fools to change the title, though.

Last edited:
New title for the movie is now The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Inside Information...

Our journey to make The Hobbit Trilogy has been in some ways like Bilbo's own, with hidden paths revealing their secrets to us as we've gone along. “There and Back Again” felt like the right name for the second of a two film telling of the quest to reclaim Erebor, when Bilbo’s arrival there, and departure, were both contained within the second film. But with three movies, it suddenly felt misplaced—after all, Bilbo has already arrived “there” in the "Desolation of Smaug".

When we did the premiere trip late last year, I had a quiet conversation with the studio about the idea of revisiting the title. We decided to keep an open mind until a cut of the film was ready to look at. We reached that point last week, and after viewing the movie, we all agreed there is now one title that feels completely appropriate.

And so: "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" it is.

As Professor Tolkien intended, “There and Back Again” encompasses Bilbo’s entire adventure, so don’t be surprised if you see it used on a future box-set of all three movies.

Before then however, we have a film to finish, and much to share with you. It’s been a nice quiet time for us—Jabez and I happily editing away in a dark cave in Wellington—but those halcyon days are quickly coming to an end. It will soon be time to step into the light. Expect to see and hear much about The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in the coming months.

And there’s also The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Cut, which we’re in the process of finishing, with over 25 mins of new scenes, all scored with original music composed by Howard Shore.

It’ll be a fun year!

25 more min for DOS EE....Thats awesome Thats like over 15% more scenes

Its quite a bit. I figured it would be at least double what we got in AUJ. Hoping for few more character scenes to give the film just the right balance.

Can't wait to see a trailer! Maybe June or July is what I'm thinking. Kind of excited to wrap up the Hobbit. I was nervous after watching the first film, but DoS was great and we all know PJ knows his way around a battle in Middle Earth.

Back