The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laketown was fantastic. The design and music were just the cherry on top of how that section went.

it might have looked nice but I was bored. And Like I said, I don't have a problem with 4 hour movies or extended editions (Before someone says something about that lol)

I couldn't wait for them to get to the dragon, When I see the movie again I will probably skip all of Lake town to get to Smaug. I honestly just got really tired and bored at that point.

Yeah, I'll gladly sit through hours of Lord of the Rings because the characters have actual depth, good dialogue, and are well-acted. And then of course there's the realistic sets, the music, etc.

I don't feel any of that in The Hobbit. I'm not attached to any character. I feel no emotion for them whatsoever. They either bore me or make me facepalm repeatedly.

Yeah, I'll gladly sit through hours of Lord of the Rings because the characters have actual depth, good dialogue, and are well-acted. And then of course there's the realistic sets, the music, etc.

I don't feel any of that in The Hobbit. I'm not attached to any character. I feel no emotion for them whatsoever. They either bore me or make me facepalm repeatedly.

not sure if you are being serious but....

bkwKq.gif

it might have looked nice but I was bored. And Like I said, I don't have a problem with 4 hour movies or extended editions (Before someone says something about that lol)

I couldn't wait for them to get to the dragon, When I see the movie again I will probably skip all of Lake town to get to Smaug. I honestly just got really tired and bored at that point.

Fair enough I guess.

to be fair I am okay with the first one. I like it more. And the last one seems like it is going to be good.

It's just the second one I guess.

Those were dwarves on the goats (watched the trailer on my iPhone so I couldn't make them out)? Hope PJ didn't decide to replace the war pigs with the goats.

I just noticed at the end of the teaser they're all riding the rams into battle, so I imagine the boars were in fact replaced with rams. Wonder why. Maybe Peter Jackson is a World of Warcraft fan. :lol

I just noticed at the end of the teaser they're all riding the rams into battle, so I imagine the boars were in fact replaced with rams. Wonder why. Maybe Peter Jackson is a World of Warcraft fan. :lol

I think only Dain will be riding the War Boar.

That's because LOTR was made like Star Wars, for adults...The Hobbit trilogy seems like the SW prequels which seemed like they catered to the kiddies.

Commentary regarding the trailer from bad ass digest: https://badassdigest.com/2014/07/28...t-movie-calls-on-lord-of-the-rings-nostalgia/

This trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies debuted at Comic-Con this weekend; it was the only new footage Peter Jackson and company shared from this film, but they showed a really great blooper reel that included stuff from the original trilogy. And watching all of this stuff, and this new trailer that includes Pippen's heartbreaking song from Return of the King, made me realize something:

I ****ing love The Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit... not so much. It's weird; this stuff is just reinforcing why Lord of the Rings was so special even as it demotivates me for the final Hobbit movie. Which is kind of nice, as it's the opposite of The Prequels, which made me less interested in the original Star Wars trilogy.

The most notable thing here, for me, is the lack of hobbits. There's some Bilbo up front and time-traveling Pip singing, but otherwise this movie looks to be a story of orcs and men and dwarves and elves. I know that Bilbo is out cold for this section of the book, but that's certainly something Jackson should have changed in adaptation. It makes more sense than having Legolas all over the place, hogging up screen time.

By the way, Evan Saathoff wants me to tell you that the trailer has his worried Gandalf might die in this film.

And behold: also a new teaser poster! Check out that tagline, "The Defining Chapter." I guess that means this is the glossary.

Back