The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hobbit: There and Back Again

images
images
images
images
This still scares me a little even at 40!! :dunno

Agreed BOFA sounds like action which equals to $$$ at the box office. A appropriate name for the conclusion of a trilogy. I also agree that “The Hobbit: There and Back Again” is a perfect title for a trilogy box set! I have been on a Hobbit high of late. The Misty Mountain song is been in my head for two weeks…..and I love it!!!

I was hoping
Spoiler Spoiler:
would have died in the last movie. I wouldn't have minded watching a 3 hour war.

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes sense with where the movie is based on it being a trilogy. I would have preferred it stay TABA but BOFA works as well.

As a Tolkien fan, TABA tied in nicely with the story so I had no issues with it. But BOFA may work better for non-diehards.

As a Tolkien fan, TABA tied in nicely with the story so I had no issues with it. But BOFA may work better for non-diehards.

I agree on all accounts.

Don't mind the title change. I just hope this one doesn't disappoint as much as DoS. :(

I think the disappointment may vary depending on who you ask.

*Waits for the you like everything. :lol

It makes sense with where the movie is based on it being a trilogy. I would have preferred it stay TABA but BOFA works as well.

I really liked TABA as a title too, thought it was quite fitting, but even so I don't mind the change too much now, after all the Battle of Five Armies pretty much is the film anyway - looking forward to another epic Middle Earth battle on the big screen (amongst other things)!! :rock Been watching DoS loads over the last few weeks so I just cannot wait to see this film.

Bring on the trailer already!! :impatient:

I really liked TABA as a title too, thought it was quite fitting, but even so I don't mind the change too much now, after all the Battle of Five Armies pretty much is the film anyway - looking forward to another epic Middle Earth battle on the big screen (amongst other things)!! :rock Been watching DoS loads over the last few weeks so I just cannot wait to see this film.

Bring on the trailer already!! :impatient:

Same here. I felt it was fitting but I don't mind the name change. The rumor of the other title that WB registered I didn't like at all and would have been stupid to use for these films. I agree with you that the battle will be the big deal and so it is fitting to use it for the titel of the movie. Its going to be an epic battle I think maybe better than anything we've seen so far. I actually haven't watched DOS yet since I got it on Blu. I will fix that soon.

I hear that. :rock

I think it's telling how many changes this entire thing has gone through. Direction, CGI vs. practical, CGI replacements, character replacements, story revisions, 2 films then 3, title changes, etc. It just seems like there's no real concise vision for these Hobbit movies, unlike Lord of the Rings. They seem worlds apart in terms of production. LOTR had some kinks like Arwen at Helms Deep or Sauron at black gates originally, but righted itself. Hobbit? It seems like it has no real vision and they just made them because, well, why not.

I preferred "There and back again". It was actually one of the few decisions in these films that made sense and felt appropriate. I guess not. :lol

DiFab nailed it. Reeks of everyone sticking their oar in and chasing the $ after the mega success of the first trilogy.

These are still fun to watch but LOTR will stand the test of time much better.

I never expected the Hobbit to be anywhere near as good as the LOTR. Just by comparing the original sources, they're vastly different in terms of quality and story. I did hope that PJ would take the high road and not try to make too many changes just to entice a broader audience. But I was wrong.:(

AUEJ was ok. It retained some of the charm from the book but DOS was just terrible. They missed so many of the key character moments from the book just to give more time to Tauriel/Kili/Legolas **** fest. It was quite annoying and unnecessary. I don't have much hope for BOFA. Loved the original title but clearly this new one is, again, to get a broader audience and make more money.

Oh well. I will always the original LOTR to treasure forever.:)

I was hoping
Spoiler Spoiler:
would have died in the last movie. I wouldn't have minded watching a 3 hour war.

This was the only movie in my 29 year old existence, where a cliffhanger in a movie worked so well, the timing couldn't be more perfect, I was so engaged into the film that by the time he flew to lake town I was like "yes" annihilate everyone, then the credits popped up... I was soooo pissed.

I loved the reactions to that myself. I knew it was coming so it made it fun for me to see how everyone who didn't reacted to it.

This was the only movie in my 29 year old existence, where a cliffhanger in a movie worked so well, the timing couldn't be more perfect, I was so engaged into the film that by the time he flew to lake town I was like "yes" annihilate everyone, then the credits popped up... I was soooo pissed.

:exactly: agreed I wasn't expecting it to end there and from some of the 'language' in the cinema I don't think anyone else was either!!!! When those credits came on....:gah:...what a place to end it on.

Back