The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dwarfs on goats? Pippin's song?? WHAT THE ****???

Like if bringing Legolas, Azog and some red-headed chick wasn't enough to kill the franchise...

I miss the amazing natural NZ landscapes of rings :( These films could have been made in a computer anywhere.

We did get some. Of course more would have been great. The issue I've seen and kind of figured would happen is so many locations had to be created that way. Erebor, Dale, etc though outside shots of the mountains they're connected to are real. Mirkwood is another that would have been difficult to make it as creepy as how it comes across in the book without it being a set piece.

Nice use of Pippin's song.

I agree. Quite emotional and I love the ties into LOTR.

As of now my favorite film for 2014 is DOTPOTA. The Hobbit or GOTG(next week) are the only 2 that have a chance of topping that. Only other film I wanted to see but couldn't due to distance was Snowpiercer. Dying to see THBOTFA

10557142_705766726125602_4828482954779498173_o.jpg

if you didn't like the first two, safe to say you won't like this one either for whatever reason.

I liked the first two, just didn't LOVE THEM.

the first lord of the rings trilogy is for me perfect in every way and the first movie is in my top 5.

the new movies.... they are nice popcorn entertainment (specially the second one) they are good to watch if you have friends over, like a casual view.

it has none of the magic the first three has. none of it.

for me the way i see it
lord of the rings= lion king..... hobbit= princess and the frog.... yeah it is nice but there is no sense of wonder

the first lord of the rings trilogy is for me perfect in every way and the first movie is in my top 5.

the new movies.... they are nice popcorn entertainment (specially the second one) they are good to watch if you have friends over, like a casual view.

for me the way i see it
lord of the rings= lion king..... hobbit= princess and the frog.... yeah it is nice but there is no sense of wonder

Wow, you must REALLY love the Lion King.

Personally, LOTR is such an achievement I find it hard to compare to any other movies. If pushed I might say Star Wars and Empire, or Godfather 1 and 2. But honestly, I never thought I would see it realized on film in a way that didn't make me angry. Not only did it not make me angry, the first trailer actually brought tears to my eyes, as the book was so beloved to me.

Peter Jackson did what I don't believe any other filmmaker could have done.

The Hobbit, while very good (to me, at least) had little chance of recapturing that magic, I am honestly surprised they are as good as they are, as I think Jackson was a bit burned out on Middle Earth.

LOTR and Hobbit are very different books, but PJ (so far) has done an amazing job of tying their moods together.

Wow, you must REALLY love the Lion King.

Personally, LOTR is such an achievement I find it hard to compare to any other movies. If pushed I might say Star Wars and Empire, or Godfather 1 and 2. But honestly, I never thought I would see it realized on film in a way that didn't make me angry. Not only did it not make me angry, the first trailer actually brought tears to my eyes, as the book was so beloved to me.

Peter Jackson did what I don't believe any other filmmaker could have done.

The Hobbit, while very good (to me, at least) had little chance of recapturing that magic, I am honestly surprised they are as good as they are, as I think Jackson was a bit burned out on Middle Earth.

LOTR and Hobbit are very different books, but PJ (so far) has done an amazing job of tying their moods together.

i mentioned disney movies because it was easier to explain.

lion king is probably the best disney movie. Princess is nice but, just nice

the second hobbit drags way too much. I love long movies and i have no problem with extended scenes when they are interesting and serve a purpose.
lake'town was dreadful to watch. I wish it was cut down in half. my biggest gripe is specially the lake town scenes

I totally disagree with that. Before someone says something stupid like I love everything PJ does or its just because I'm some Middle-earth hardcore fan that's not it. There have been many moments that for me have been quite special and have that same magic. Now, I never expected it to have as many because the source material simply does not have that. I have been quite pleased with the films and have loved this last journey through Middle-earth.

the second hobbit drags way too much. I love long movies and i have no problem with extended scenes when they are interesting and serve a purpose.
lake'town was dreadful to watch. I wish it was cut down in half. my biggest gripe is specially the lake town scenes

Laketown was fantastic. The design and music were just the cherry on top of how that section went.

Back