Voltron 30th Anniversary Collectors Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
01.jpg

Finally got my set in with my big Pile of Loot from BBTS! Overall I'm glad to have it, but it certainly isnt as amazing as I thought it would be! I personally think the Miracle Productions MA-01 Vehicle Voltron to be a better overall figure design. Full video review uploading now.

I keep wanting to buy a Voltron, but every time I read how tall...or how small it is, I just cant seem to pull the trigger.

Give me like a 2-3 foot tall version.

The more closely I look at the lions and mess around with the set, the more I feel it is way over priced for what it is. It really doesn't feel like a high end quality product! The joints, especially on the lion legs, are really crap. Combined, it certainly looks decent enough in the display cabinet, but no where near worth $225+!

Here's my full video review! Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your own thoughts! :)

Thanks for the in depth review. I was looking forward to this and considered a purchase but now, not so much. It just seems extremely fragile. Tiny plastic snap in arm joints? It looks like if you move them around too much they''ll eventually snap. Also the figure doesn't seem very posable. If the price was around $150, I think I'd be a little more forgiving.

Thanks for the in depth review. I was looking forward to this and considered a purchase but now, not so much. It just seems extremely fragile. Tiny plastic snap in arm joints? It looks like if you move them around too much they''ll eventually snap. Also the figure doesn't seem very posable. If the price was around $150, I think I'd be a little more forgiving.

Yeah, it's definitely overpriced for what you get in this new 30th anniversary set. This price range puts in on par with collectibles from Sideshow, Hot Toys, large Masterpiece Transformers, Bandai etc, that all well exceed the quality of this Voltron.

Normally with figures, the more I play around with it, the more I like it. But with this one, it's the opposite. I'll definitely just pose it up once, and leave it in the display.

That's too bad, your pics of the assembled Voltron look great.

It certainly looks great when setup and left on display, no doubt there. But I guess even at this price range I expected it to hold up well with some minor "playability". I dont mess around with my figures much at all once I have a week or so of initial "play" time. Posing for pics, working through the transformations etc is something I normally do to check out the figure, and this Voltron just left me with concerns on quality. The MA-01 Vehicle Voltron had its frustrations in combining the parts, but overall it's a better quality product.

Either way, they're the only two Voltron figures I need in my collection, so I'm happy enough :)

Decided to pick this pose as the final one for this piece. Still disappointed with the overall quality, but looks pretty good on display like this.

gonna post this here,

my childhood consisted of Transformers (before the 1986 movie that saw so many of favorites killed off), GI Joe and Voltron.
Voltron was my favorite toys to play with, it was big, heavy and simply bad ass.

so now as i approach middle-agedom, if there is such a word, i find my self regressing to a period in my life that was simpler and care-free. The time in life where those 3 cartoons ruled my life.

I so wanted to pick up the 30th anniversary Voltron but i simply could not do it. In some pictures he looks too thin, not in proportion and in YouTube reviews it would shake like a rattle.

So one day I was on-line and came across this third-party King Of Beasts which was what my childhood and my adulthood were looking for. I bought Two.

He is heavy, built solid and proportional

DSC00500_zps3e6e356a.jpg

DSC00501_zps23b71c15.jpg

DSC00502_zps1380e41f.jpg

DSC00503_zps7f6b5845.jpg

DSC00504_zpsb68d5fd3.jpg

DSC00507_zps9f365319.jpg

DSC00506_zpsc8c4a13e.jpg

DSC00508_zpsd3843aa3.jpg

DSC00509_zps07050abe.jpg

DSC00510_zps68dbd615.jpg

gonna post this here,

my childhood consisted of Transformers (before the 1986 movie that saw so many of favorites killed off), GI Joe and Voltron.
Voltron was my favorite toys to play with, it was big, heavy and simply bad ass.

so now as i approach middle-agedom, if there is such a word, i find my self regressing to a period in my life that was simpler and care-free. The time in life where those 3 cartoons ruled my life.

I so wanted to pick up the 30th anniversary Voltron but i simply could not do it. In some pictures he looks too thin, not in proportion and in YouTube reviews it would shake like a rattle.

So one day I was on-line and came across this third-party King Of Beasts which was what my childhood and my adulthood were looking for. I bought Two.

He is heavy, built solid and proportional

View attachment 159411

View attachment 159412

View attachment 159413

View attachment 159414

View attachment 159415

View attachment 159416

View attachment 159420

View attachment 159417

View attachment 159418

View attachment 159419

I've had the money for the 30th anniversary Voltron for some time now, but have found it difficult to pull the trigger. This 3rd party piece may take its place, though the color of the green lion looks a bit off. Where did you find it and for how much?

Back