Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick comparison between Classic and Elder Predator :

DSCF3114_1.jpg

DSCF3116_2.jpg

DSCF3117_3.jpg

Thanks for the comparison. There are years between the two and Elder does show improvement. Elders mandables are the best I've seen from HT. For some reason prior to Elder the mandables were the weakest.

it looks nice. but its pretty clear they just tweaked classic's head and added quills.
pretty far from the teased proto pics.
anyways...i'll try and get back to light photography with the elder after im done with my paper. 3000 words to go for sept.11.lolz

Click the pic! Buy now!

2-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

16.jpg

Man, the Elder 2.0 is my favorite now...very nice figure.
My eyes just can't leave it alone every time i stand in-front of my display shelf.

Allow me to share it again!

Group shoot again...

It's not important if they tweaked it or not. He finally looks like a Greyback from the movie.

i already have this figure. the only reason i'm not praising this figure as much as i should have is....
i was expecting something NEW. those mandibles kinda grew on me, like the ones shown in the proto pics, the latest one. yet i got this instead.side by side pics made it even clear.lolz
i could lump this under HT's slack work.

it looks nice. but its pretty clear they just tweaked classic's head and added quills.
pretty far from the teased proto pics.
anyways...i'll try and get back to light photography with the elder after im done with my paper. 3000 words to go for sept.11.lolz

Are you saying you actually prefer the one in these pics?

It's not important if they tweaked it or not. He finally looks like a Greyback from the movie.

Classic is quite a different sculpt, though similar to this first version teaser sculpt pictured above ...
the second revised sculpt was only shown in 2 or three photos of the additional teaser set...most folks haven't seen that sculpt which is like the current head, but it's included in the current set of photos on ss and ht website....

image.jpg

What's obvious is that the sculpt is by the same artist, the eyebrows mismatched angles are indicative ... Plus some random aesthetic choices, But you can see that the overall is a scratch built head, the eyes are closer together like a human in a mask, the slope of the crown is p2 vs p1, the shap of the jaw and forehead aware different.....the sensibilities are the same , the sculpting style is the same,because it's the same sculptor, but ithe final product is a unique sculpt to the classic.

Would love to get this, since I missed out the first time, but I've sold my predators....

I've been waiting for your professional opinion. You're completely right !

joffrey.jpg

NOT !

joffrey.png

:rotfl lol... im STILL waiting on p. to show pics of the awesome movie accurate elder he can sculpt..since he knows it all..

still waiting...

i already have this figure. the only reason i'm not praising this figure as much as i should have is....
i was expecting something NEW. those mandibles kinda grew on me, like the ones shown in the proto pics, the latest one. yet i got this instead.side by side pics made it even clear.lolz
i could lump this under HT's slack work.

Not sure why u wanted to see this figure with the old proto mandibles as they were wrong and inaccurate. The thing that bothers me
a little is the head is a different color than the body. The head is more yellow while the body is more pale. :dunno

Back