Disney Takes Over Future Rights to Indiana Jones Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you all getting worked up over this? If they "reboot" Indy and you don't like it, don't watch. I'm willing to see what they do with it. I wouldn't want them remaking the same movies over, but doing things completely different, well, I'm willing to give it a chance. As long as it's not Shia LePoof.

Maybe they're just going to do a cartoon version. :dunno

Robert Pattinson Rumors Say He's The Frontrunner To Play Indiana Jones

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rob...-He-Frontrunner-Play-Indiana-Jones-43283.html

8Vz5mKU.gif

Could be nothing. Justin bieber said he was the frontrunner to play robin in Batman V Superman.

But it would be an interesting direction. i'm assuming it would be a flashback sequence with a younger indy, Ala Last Crusade.

Perfect gif!:rotfl

I was actually thinking about the possibility of a reboot recently and I think the only way it would work is if it's a young Indy set of movies, like the TV show was. That way, the sting of Indy being recast would be dulled since it's portraying him before he became the Indy we all know. And young Indy has already been played by two different actors, three if you count the TV show when he's portrayed as an even younger kid (under 10?). So it wouldn't be as weird.

But what I think could really be an interesting movie would be if young Indy is recruited by the fake Indy guy in the beginning of LC that gives him the hat to be his apprentice. In an act of rebellion against his dad, Indy accepts reluctantly and despite the mentor guy being essentially a criminal or a hired gun to bad people, begins to see that the mentor guy is not as bad as how Indy originally judged him. They develop a very close bond like father and son and of course fake older Indy dies (saving young Indy perhaps?) and it deeply affects Indy. Maybe the sequel could be that he becomes Abner's apprentice and we see a young Marion who is much younger than Indy and Indy has zero interest in her, and she doesn't show any affection towards Indy either. She's just a tag-along tomboy that can more than take care of herself despite her young age, almost like Short Round. But Marion is just a sidekick and there is no sign of their future romance. Perhaps in a future movie Young Indy comes back to Abner after several years and Marion has grown up to be a beautiful young lady and that's when the romance starts.

Sorry for the rambling! I've been keeping it inside for a while now! Gotta let it out!

Perfect gif!:rotfl

I was actually thinking about the possibility of a reboot recently and I think the only way it would work is if it's a young Indy set of movies, like the TV show was. That way, the sting of Indy being recast would be dulled since it's portraying him before he became the Indy we all know. And young Indy has already been played by two different actors, three if you count the TV show when he's portrayed as an even younger kid (under 10?). So it wouldn't be as weird.

But what I think could really be an interesting movie would be if young Indy is recruited by the fake Indy guy in the beginning of LC that gives him the hat to be his apprentice. In an act of rebellion against his dad, Indy accepts reluctantly and despite the mentor guy being essentially a criminal or a hired gun to bad people, begins to see that the mentor guy is not as bad as how Indy originally judged him. They develop a very close bond like father and son and of course fake older Indy dies (saving young Indy perhaps?) and it deeply affects Indy. Maybe the sequel could be that he becomes Abner's apprentice and we see a young Marion who is much younger than Indy and Indy has zero interest in her, and she doesn't show any affection towards Indy either. She's just a tag-along tomboy that can more than take care of herself despite her young age, almost like Short Round. But Marion is just a sidekick and there is no sign of their future romance. Perhaps in a future movie Young Indy comes back to Abner after several years and Marion has grown up to be a beautiful young lady and that's when the romance starts.

Sorry for the rambling! I've been keeping it inside for a while now! Gotta let it out!

I'd buy that!

But pleaaaaze, NO PATTINSON! :yikes

As long as Nathan Fillion is alive, there's always a perfect Indy. Unfortunately, the best route for them to go is just what Mad Old Lu said - that young version between childhood and the second film. And Fillion is too old to play that character...*sigh*

I still maintain the only way to properly continue Indiana Jones movies is with high quality animated CGI (ala TinTin) and a decent Ford voice over actor. Anything else will ultimately be a poor comparison to Ford's likeness and portrayal.

In all honesty there's no reason that Disney can't have continued success with the character if they "James Bond" him out. Connery was definitive, then so was Moore, now Craig, and so on. I don't think anyone really compares Craig to Connery anymore.

Our generation who grew up with Ford will always be partial to him, but at the end of the day he's still just a fictional character that even George and Steve thought might be better suited for more of a Tom Selleck type of guy. The character itself was never written FOR Ford, he just owned the role in such a way that none of us now can imagine it being any different.

Raiders, TOD, TLC and (ugh) KOTCS are never going away so we'll always have those if someone else sucks at being Indy at some point in the future.

Disney has to rape every penny out of anything it buys. Please no more outside of the OT.

Back