Hot Toys Dynamic figure stand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit it.

I forgot to cancel my order for this stand and now I will have it delivered with my HT Crow figure tomorrow. I don't know who I will use it on.

Surely you'll find a use for it.

I wish they'd gave a damn and made the base a little smaller or a different shape. Why do figure stands always have gigantic bases?

I wish they'd gave a damn and made the base a little smaller or a different shape. Why do figure stands always have gigantic bases?

My guess is that it gives a wider range of poses possible while providing a stable enough base to keep the entire stand from toppling over. I'm ok with both the size and shape of the display though.

Anyone in the know what kind of nut/ threaded coupler I should get to use with the arm-clamp assembly of Hot Toys' dynamic stand since I'd like to use that with different bases (e.g. Midas XXI, Black Spidey Sandman diorama stand, etc). Been to Lowe's and Home depot which I found what seemed to be the right size (5/16 or 8) using their measurement guide at their store but still won't fit well due to the thread pitch is different from Hot Toys'.

So I did find a use for this stand after all.

I used it to pose a Darth Sidious vs. Yoda display. I will post pics soon.

It needs to be big and heavy to hold an IM figure, especially in certain flying poses. You'd be cursing HT if your $300 figure took a nosedive...

So I did find a use for this stand after all.

I used it to pose a Darth Sidious vs. Yoda display. I will post pics soon.

Sweet.
Get posting the pics already!

They could easily make the base denser but smaller. Just requires a little design work.

No problem mate and thanks.

I would have snapped some sooner but I have been really busy recently.

Tell me about it.
I have loads of stuff to do and now the World Championship of the Snooker is on, and that's the 21 most important days of the whole year. I have tickets for one of the Semi final matches, so that will take up another couple of days, travelling down to Sheffield.

Man, I finally have some extra cash to buy a couple of these and they are sold out at SS and BBTS. Does anyone know if Hot Toys will produce another run? I'm looking to pay $27 plus shipping each, but it looks like they are going for $40+ now.

Man, I finally have some extra cash to buy a couple of these and they are sold out at SS and BBTS. Does anyone know if Hot Toys will produce another run? I'm looking to pay $27 plus shipping each, but it looks like they are going for $40+ now.

I think they should honestly, it not like these are "collectible", they're just add-ons.

I don't know why they don't keep them in stock. It's obviously going to be the stand they use for action-oriented figures. ASM2 Spidey has one included and the Man of Steel figures had the same concept--just customized the base. If I hadn't been checking them out and seen the low quantity notice I would have missed out too.

I also think it's ridiculous that they sell out of their True Type bodies. The last series sold out a long time ago and they haven't released a new set yet. I shouldn't have to go to a third-party site to get these kinds of of products.

Anyone in the know what kind of nut/ threaded coupler I should get to use with the arm-clamp assembly of Hot Toys' dynamic stand since I'd like to use that with different bases (e.g. Midas XXI, Black Spidey Sandman diorama stand, etc). Been to Lowe's and Home depot which I found what seemed to be the right size (5/16 or 8) using their measurement guide at their store but still won't fit well due to the thread pitch is different from Hot Toys'.

update:
2mxh0th.jpg

Weird! I've found one in my tool box that's quite compatible with the thread pitch of Hot Toys' flexible pillar. By the looks, seems it's size 8 but it's a stop nut though may have to get an exact match from lowe's/ homedepot to confirm its size. Could still put the flexible pillar back in use with the dynamic stand itself, thus confirming the stop nut didn't strip its thread.

update:
2mxh0th.jpg

Weird! I've found one in my tool box that's quite compatible with the thread pitch of Hot Toys' flexible pillar. By the looks, seems it's size 8 but it's a stop nut though may have to get an exact match from lowe's/ homedepot to confirm its size. Could still put the flexible pillar back in use with the dynamic stand itself, thus confirming the stop nut didn't strip its thread.

Wow, where did you get that background and those set pieces from?? Looks awesome!

Nothing special just a mixture of indigenous materials (such as the pavement from brown packaging paper²·³, cardboard corrugated surface for galvanized roof sheet¹·², plastic rods²·³) & Toy Strike Smash Kit/ LED Shattered base²·³. The Paver base panel was leftover from last year's yard work. Well, so far, waiting for the concluding piece to my diorama, as what Loki once said in The Avengers, "The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that." Ugh, July can't come soon enough!!! Thinking of getting Loki too but with secondary/ tertiary market prices meh! I was planning on putting him on Mark VII's place via flexible pillar hovering around and as if he's commanding the Chitauri which supposed to be on the right-hand side of the diorama to attack Iron Man who's on the shattered base kneeling...

Backdrop was from my posse i just have it printed by fastsigns on a 23 x 48 foam board

Brock 36-in L x 24-in W Interlocking Paver Base Panel
https://www.lowes.com/pd_345420-26467-345420_0__

Rust-Oleum 14-oz Cold Galvanized High-Gloss Spray¹
https://www.lowes.com/pd_89137-90-1...t=rust-oleum+brilliant+metal+spray&facetInfo=

Rust-Oleum Aged Iron Spray²
https://www.lowes.com/pd_244422-90-...244422&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=244422&facetInfo=

Rust-Oleum Autumn Brown Spray³
https://www.lowes.com/pd_244363-90-...244363&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=244363&facetInfo=

Caramel Honey Flat Spray
https://www.lowes.com/pd_416279-4-4...79&UserSearch=416279&productId=4138889&rpp=32

https://tinyurl.com/m5eb4bv

HTH... and thanks for looking!

Back