Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They seems to be doing well. So I bet they can pull this one off. We'll see about Aragorn though.

Yup - I'm worried that the human head sculpt detail/paint apps will suffer in mass production. If they nail Gandalf though, I'm so onboard for Aragorn. Go Asmus!!

Hopefully we'll get some updates in the next few coming days! Can't wait to have a Gandalf in my collection.

My guess is he is probably a month or two behind Gurtiz and the in hand Gurtiz pictures/video is just now starting to show up so I would think we'd see more Asmus in hand Gandalf pictures in a month and a half. Just my guess and it is me trying to manage my patience. Otherwise I would be checkign these threads multiple times a day every day. . . . . . oh wait I still do that:slap

I didn't order him yet because of ebay/paypal warranty. I want to wait until he is released so that I'm protected by the 45 days, in case the post office messes things up ( its not unheard of , in Brazil). Also waiting for more pictures to see the final result !

They did fix the beard a while back. I'm content with the figure now. I kinda wish they would include another head sculpt. Like hot toys often does. Everyone seems to only do a very serious face of a figure. It'd be nice to have a smiling or cunning face. Something like that. As he's not in battle a lot of the movies. However, I understand this would probably raise the price a little bit.

I kinda wish they would include another head sculpt. Like hot toys often does. Everyone seems to only do a very serious face of a figure. It'd be nice to have a smiling or cunning face. Something like that. As he's not in battle a lot of the movies. .
I had the same thought recently. He smiles a lot, and it is kind of iconic for the movie.

I had the same thought recenly. He smiles a lot, and it is kind of iconic for the movie.

Exactly! That's more of the image I have in my head when I think of Gandalf. Is asmus could make this happen I'd happily pay a little more for the option.

They did fix the beard a while back. I'm content with the figure now. I kinda wish they would include another head sculpt. Like hot toys often does. Everyone seems to only do a very serious face of a figure. It'd be nice to have a smiling or cunning face. Something like that. As he's not in battle a lot of the movies. However, I understand this would probably raise the price a little bit.

Serious faces are the best for display purposes overall. If you notice, the times that HT has done something more expressive, everyone wishes they would've given a serious face instead. As an extra display option, it would be ok. but as the main/only headsculpt, I think most would want a serious face

If you notice, the times that HT has done something more expressive, everyone wishes they would've given a serious face instead.

Anytime there's an expressive face, they want serious.

Anytime there's a serious face, they want expressive.

Anytime they do both, they complain it's too expensive.

That's probably pretty accurate. That's just how I view Gandalf. That's just my opinion though!

Bump.

Hey asmus, any updates on the progress of Gandalf? Great job on skully by the way.

Yeah, it definitely would. I'm not sure if asmus is going to do a Gandalf the grey. If they did it'd be a buy for me.

I won't disagree with you there... but I think more times than not, serious faces give you many more display options than a very expressive face does. If there had to be one choice, I'd go with serious 100% of the time

Back