Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty these are the final run of the figures...but it seems a bit odd that they have not shown in of the production samples. Heck...for all we know, this could be boxes of nothing more than PACKING materials for the Gandalf figure, HA!

I'm pretty these are the final run of the figures...but it seems a bit odd that they have not shown in of the production samples. Heck...for all we know, this could be boxes of nothing more than PACKING materials for the Gandalf figure, HA!
Yea well I know what it means in the movie industry if they don't show any pre-screenings. Hopefully that is not the case here.

Yeah I agree. I want to see a finished product before It gets here. If it looks bad I'll probably cancel my pre order. Even though I love Gandalf.

The pre production photos looked like they were just generic. Aged hands would be fantastic though.

10515080_10152165956941968_7559670504212982894_o.jpg

I have very mixed feelings about the tailoring on this one....the thread is so dark on the embroidery. The sleeves also lack detail it seems. The sculpt looks good though.

11933_orig.jpg

Are you sure that's a new pic? They said they were changing the dark stitching a long time ago and even posted a pic with it changed?

ETA Hmm, sorry I just seen that it was posted to FB. The darker stitching never bothered me but they did say they were changing it so I don't know.

Last edited:
Are you sure that's a new pic? They said they were changing the dark stitching a long time ago and even posted a pic with it changed?

ETA Hmm, sorry I just seen that it was posted to FB. The darker stitching never bothered me but they did say they were changing it so I don't know.

That is what I thought as well! But yeah that is on their Facebook.

Way back when Gandalf was first revealed they took pics of it. People complained that the stitching was too dark. Asmus said they would fix it and even posted a pic showing it being fixed. This pic that they just released still has the dark vest. I'm wondering if this pic is from the pics that were taken last year?

Oh, maybe. Or they just found out that the dark thread was a lot cheaper than the white thread. :)

Maybe this is why they're quietly shipping Gandalf out.

Maybe this is the end of the line.

Hold on to those Sideshow figures, guys.

I still have SS Gandalf and I'm pretty happy with him. This White is a bonus. I'm more concerned with how Aragorn (sculpt) comes out, as the Sideshow one is unacceptable. Worst case, I get just the head off ebay.

Face it, guys: most companies fail. There's a reason there is only HT and SS. It's tough to do this kind of thing to the degree you all demand and at a price cheap enough to satisfy your pocketbook. Everyone wants perfection for pennies. Tough to do unless you can work on volume.

The odds are against Asmus. So get what you can while you can. I'm so happy to have WitchKing and Gothmog. Anything else is pure gravy.

You may be right, but I don't think they are out.maybe they are so busy working on Aragorn they didn't have time to take pictures Gandalf ;)

All joking aside though, I hope they continue the lord of the rings line for a long time.
I think the line shows a lot of potential and gets better with every figure.

IMG_93981263976747.jpeg
IMG_93971760817888.jpeg

Posted on asmus's facebook about a hour ago. Also, in one of the comments they did confirm that the stitching has been lightened. Just looked darker in picture I guess.

Back