Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus just shared this on FB.

f78eea3497f827348f98ff19eb93e7a1_zps27cbee00.jpg

Very nicely done. I'll take it. :)

I think he's looking pretty terrific!

GTW does have dark eyebrows. They're not quite as dark as these, but they're definitely darker than his hair and beard.

I'm sold.

Wow... head sculpt looks great. Wish I wasn't getting out of 1/6 for the time being. Will hope to pick this up down the line in a year or two when I re-engage the 1/6 obsession.

I cancelled my PO 'cause I only want the Grey. But it's good to see how the sculpt turned out, you'd be entering nit-picking territory not to be happy with it I think.

A guy on FB said, Ouch, it looks like a caricature. I asked him if he was serious. Don't know if he ever replied.

To be fair the large nose makes Gandalf look like a caricature, but thats how he looked in the movie. The eyebrows do need to be toned down just a little, but overall I like it quite a bit. I will be curious to see the final outfit reveal.

I will also be curious to see someone put some real hair on it!

Well to me it looks fantastic. I think its a great start on getting some human/actor likenesses done in the line. As a company they seem to be learning and getting better with each figure so far and I think that bodes well for the future of the line.

A guy on FB said, Ouch, it looks like a caricature. I asked him if he was serious. Don't know if he ever replied.

To each their own but it looks pretty darn good to me. I'd be curious to know why people think it looks cartoony.

f78eea3497f827348f98ff19eb93e7a1_zps27cbee00.jpg

cast-of-characters-the-hobbit-20080219011100418-000.jpg

Looks good to me, maybe slightly long in the face but that could be the camera.

Anyway, look at all the heads in the BG -- this deal is done! Let's get him out!

Saw this pic on their lotr website.
So I think probably the long face is only a matter of shooting angles.
hope this will help.

Gandalf  Head O1.jpg

Back