Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the head is narrower than what it should be but not as narrow as it appears to be. I personally don't think it's a molding issue. I think when it was resculpted due to complaints about the Santa beard it was sculpted narrower to transition better to the pointy beard. I also think as other have mentioned that due to it sitting too high on the neck and the gauntness of the face it gives the illusion of being narrower as well. In my opinion though from some of the in hand pics shown it still looks very good and I can't wait to get it.

I'm still holding out hope and keeping my order.... although this constant back-and-forth gets me feeling like "should I just cancel?" I wish BBTS would get Gandalf in already so I don't have the choice. :lol

Anyway, I'm still of the mind that the major issue is the neck length and I'm hoping that will solve the overall issue for the most part.

The vest I'm less concerned about because that seems like a fairly simple "paint" job to lighten the black lines.... or just toss the vest entirely since the robe underneath is actually much better looking and more detailed.

Last edited:
Funnily enough i was gonna mention the BCS Amy as well, but yeah that would be far too insulting as that really is a terrible figure for the price it cost and this isn't.

That said the fact that Asmus pulled a head from the mold and said **** it that'll do drives me nuts as it was very nice pre-hand to how squished it looks now.

As for ACI they said they were limiting them to their country only so it would be hard getting hold of them in the 1st place. So that left us hoping Asmus would pick up their game and deliver some non looking cartoony headsculpts like they usually do.

I do commend Asmus for asking for feedback about how things look....but then go ahead and release something that alternates from what people are happy with what is the point?

If they do Sauron i'm in, but i think that will be all i'd buy unless they manage to get another decent headsculpt and likeness and not get it squished in the mold. Even then i wouldn't pre-order as i'd want to see the finished item.

Blitzway's first figure attracted similar complaints about the likeness of Tony Montana. At the end of the day, a relatively young company is going to have to cut its teeth somehow. Hot Toys has had a few shots at Ledger Joker, Bale Batman, Tony Stark. For some folks to feel dirty on Asmus for releasing a GtG because of feelings that GtW buyers will be feeling shortchanged... I can understand it, but it kinda falls into the "suck it up and move on" category.

Last edited:
Yeah, Ledger Joker v1 was pretty much a "we'll do better next time" too.

Same with HT's small-head Two-Face.

This "kind of thing" is not unusual in any business. What about all the movies that suck after you've paid? You don't even get to see those in honest preview.

Back