XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could start a writing campaign to Marvel telling them not to give out exclusive licenses which puts strict limitations on what their fans can buy. IMO Marvel should give world licensing deals to any company that can prove they put out high quality products.

Could start a writing campaign to Marvel telling them not to give out exclusive licenses which puts strict limitations on what their fans can buy. IMO Marvel should give world licensing deals to any company that can prove they put out high quality products.

Definitely... this way, more competition and option for collectors no matter where they live.

Marvel and Sideshow will contract in which other companies do not accept that exploit both Marvel brand America and Europe. Luck has Sideshow that XM would make them truly competitive.

Marvel and Sideshow will contract in which other companies do not accept that exploit both Marvel brand America and Europe. Luck has Sideshow that XM would make them truly competitive.

How can it be competition to ssc if you can't even buy products from XM?

That'll really work :lol

Well Marvel did give 1:4 movie licensing deal to GG when it used to be only SS that could produce them. So it seems their train of thought might be moving away from exclusive licensing deals. Shooting a email off to marvel is more productive then whining about it in a forum they will never see :)

A handful of PO's and a severely limited sales area is not competition no matter what people may think

that's the problem, that you underestimate the companies that are starting, when in a few years you finish buying statues of these companies. And yes, it is very important what people may think now, more than you think.

I'm all for getting XM stuff so long as those initial and developmental pics meet expectations. We still don't know if they can mass produce without paint and QC issues. On the surface though their Magneto and Black widow are jaw dropping. I'd rather pay more and get an ideal character representation verses paying $400+ for an "its just ok" version. No idea why SS hasn't made a Magneto or Juggernaut yet given their popularity but they'll make Spiderwoman and the Vision. By the time SS makes a Juggernaut it'll cost over $700.

New Thor WIP ...

thor_preview2.jpg

Re: XM Studios BLACK WIDOW

Outstanding pics! One of the best Black Widow statues ever done. I love this piece!

Here is an excerpt from an update on this piece and a few extra tidbits that an XM Studios rep posted on Statue Forum. They are definitely going the extra mile to satisfy collectors.

We're trying out a photographer and we may use him for all future product shoots. A couple of exciting revelations;

1) The Face. We have one side who wants it more realistic and there's the other side who wants to keep it the same - usually because they like Artgerm's style which is somewhat more pan-asian/anime than realistic. So guess what, XM boys are already developing a THIRD head sculpt to cater to both sides (the things that keep them awake at night!). We will be posting the WIP real soon. BW seems to be the one which XM will make little profit due to the sheer amount of switch our parts and extras... which are;

2) Yes, 2 bases! One for BW to lean against, and the other which allows collectors to admire ahem, the rear sculpt of the statue. Again, this is developed due to feedback from fans they wanted to be able to view the back sculpt (Which I like alot heh heh). So we are talking about 2 heads (might be 3 if we can squeeze into the production cost), multiple change of weapons, 2 bases, 1 revolver designed stand to hold the alternate head. That's alot of good stuff.

3) Icing on the cake is the potential light up feature of the lamp sitting on top of the gate. XM boys are dabbling with electronics in a way if the led goes down, there's no need to take apart the statue to redo wiring etc. Just swap the bulb and good to go! Still awaiting approval from Marvel though so fingers crossed.

4) I'm surprised XM hasn't mentioned this... Actually, if you look at the bases of the Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow etc, you should notice that all the bases are designed as part of New York City's damaged battle ground. The final idea is to be able to display all the Avengers together in one large amazing "diorama" with matching city bases. For instance, the XM Hawk Eye is designed to come with a base that elevates his position so he can be seen perched up high behind the other Avengers firing an arrow into the distance. Word of caution... you will need a LARGE room to display the Avengers together!

5) I'm also discussing with the XM Boys once we are done with the Avengers team, we could look into an opposing Villians Team 'facing off' the Avengers team all using the same city base scenarios (means you need an even LARGER room! That's a team of 1/4 scale heroes vs a team of 1/4 scale villains! Time to relocate the baby!) but it all depends on response. Right now XM are getting loads of requests on Brown Wolverine, Punisher, Cable, Nova etc so we'll have to see how it goes.

And of course, please feel free to drop by XM Facebook page at www.facebook.com/xmstudios and post any questions or feedback. There's only Ben and myself attending to questions so please bear with us if we don't give timely answers.

The best BW bar none. If they can include a thrift realistic head I may have to order one. I'm not ahuge BW fan plus it'll cost over $800 to get one here but Damon that's nice. I really am floored by how XM listens to the characters fans and take action to please them.

I would love to get this, but there is just too many other things coming...and I am saving up for hawkeye and magneto.

I need to see this third head, and then maybe...just maybe...I'll see about hunting her down.

Amazing but it's a pass for me. There's so much coming out but BW isn't a character I'm that much into but definitely going to try & get there Wolverine & maybe there Magneto as well

Damn, this is getting harder to resist all the time... Although I probably have enough BW's in my collection, I'm going to have 2 ScarJo's and I already have SS Comic BW... But I prefer full sculpts so I might sell my Comic and IM2 ScarJO since their mix media and buy this one along with GG ScarJo..

Back