Scratch-built 1/6 Ghosthawk/Skyhawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SciFi, here are a couple of shots with figures for size comparison. Still a long way to go but i will get there.:) Cockpit will be fully detailed once all external parts are all attached.

Side tracking... Here are a couple of pictures on my cobra night landing.

The landing craft is cool, I've actually thought about picking up one on Ebay in 1/6th scale, but they always look too cheesy with the molded plastic rope, can't wait to see how your custom comes out.

as cool as this stuff is(And it is, trust me)..id love to see someone do the cobra CLAW or Trouble bubble..just to say they did....lol..

Thanks Spider, the problem with the trouble bubble is the shape of the clear canopy. Unless you have a vacu forming tool to shape it on a clear styrene it will be difficult. One solution is to alter the shape a bit. I was planning to do it in the future. The CLAW is straightforward. On the list is Triple T, Ferret or HAVOC. Well time can only tell. Any suggestions?

As promised. I have managed to complete about 95% of the two landing skids. This is made from several laminated styrene sheets to achieved a scale thickness. if you cut a thick styrene straight away, it would be impossible to get a very straight edge. Here you can also see the canopy. Im still undecided wether to cut it in half in order to fixed the front and be able to open the back part. I know that on the toy the canopy open into a clam shell however I wanted to add some realism to it. Opening a heavy clam shell canopy requires a strong hydraulic system. Not enough space in this model. Anyhow I will see as I go along. So far it looks like a sky hawk now. Major component such as the two main engines, upper tail wing, belly gun pack and load out will be fabricated. Here are some progress....comments are always welcome.

The canopy is temporarily held in place by a tape.

Until next time guys!:wave

Amazing work.
Jaw dropping.
What thickness of styrene are you using?

Thickness varies from .20 to 1.5 mm. 2mm is very thick and had limited application but good for structural supports. Shame that model zone down here closed down. Materials are limited. Is it still open up north?

Back