UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know you but you are retarded.

Continue playing vije-o games

Why cut my statement like that?
I am a huge Indiana Jones fan and will happily pay for the SS legendary scale Jones should they ever release it.
Doesn't mean I confuse them for great literature. Only a retard would do that.
Temple of Doom which is by far my favourite is arguably the worst written (and while I sold 99% of collectibles! the SS Indy ToD was 1 of 2 things I kept)

And Maybe stay out of a video game sub forum if you need to use 'continue playing video games' as some sort of dismissive insult.

Well the Indiana Jones movies themselves are pretty basic ....and the 4th one wouldn't even count as good fanfic.
You'd be hard pressed to claim any of them are especially well written. That was never the point, right? :)

I do agree that the first game would be better off being remade from scratch rather than a simple remastering. It was very clunky and is too far gone at this point.

lol the indian jones movies are exceptionally well written, you can't make a good movie from a bad script. The first screenplay is borderline perfect which is why it's the best of the bunch and why it's featured on AFI's top 100 movies ever made list not to mention film buff lists.

Uncharted is a throwback to the Indiana Jones and Mummy films but it made it's own identity through the great stories it told, especially 2 and 3. Uncharted may have started off as a Jones knockoff but 2 is where Drake forged his own stake in the adventure world with what is arguably one of the best games ever made.

I am highly looking forward to number 4, hopefully the themes don't get to dark that the creative team forgets to have fun like they did in the last three games.

I also wouldn't mind seeing number 1 getting remade with tighter controls but I ultimately feel it doesn't need it, it's not like it was a bad looking game, in fact it's the look of the game that set it apart at the time with how vibrant and colorful it was. Maybe a remaster of the game might be in order but nothing beyond that.

lol the indian jones movies are exceptionally well written, you can't make a good movie from a bad script. The first screenplay is borderline perfect which is why it's the best of the bunch and why it's featured on AFI's top 100 movies ever made list not to mention film buff lists.

Uncharted is a throwback to the Indiana Jones and Mummy films but it made it's own identity through the great stories it told, especially 2 and 3. Uncharted may have started off as a Jones knockoff but 2 is where Drake forged his own stake in the adventure world with what is arguably one of the best games ever made.

I am highly looking forward to number 4, hopefully the themes don't get to dark that the creative team forgets to have fun like they did in the last three games.

I also wouldn't mind seeing number 1 getting remade with tighter controls but I ultimately feel it doesn't need it, it's not like it was a bad looking game, in fact it's the look of the game that set it apart at the time with how vibrant and colorful it was. Maybe a remaster of the game might be in order but nothing beyond that.

Lol I don't know where to start, not going to continue the thread derail on Indy here, I'll just say that per the other reply, I am a fan.

I also agree that Uncharted 2 was by far the best but it still holds up today. I think number 1 should be completely remade to introduce new fans and 2 and 3 should be simply remastered in higher definition and frame rates (assuming its possible).

Yeah 2 was perfect except the yetis. 3 was fantastic bar some pacing issues and the disappointing end to the villain and the underuse of the Mc'Guffin

EXACTLY. Really the only big thing Drake's Fortune would really benefit from would be the gameplay. And even then the gameplay was fun and FAR from broken.

The story was 100% fine as far as treasure hunting tales go and the graphics were awe inspiring. The details in the environment, the characters, and need I even bring up the water effects? Also how many times did you guys roll around in the water to see Nate get all wet and stuff...

:lol

How anybody can say Drake's fortune looks like crap is nothing short of insane. Or they need to upgrade and get an actual color TV.... :lecture

I also agree that Uncharted 2 was by far the best but it still holds up today. I think number 1 should be completely remade to introduce new fans and 2 and 3 should be simply remastered in higher definition and frame rates (assuming its possible).

That would be a good plan I agree!

Yeah 2 was perfect except the yetis. 3 was fantastic bar some pacing issues and the disappointing end to the villain and the underuse of the Mc'Guffin

I quite liked the yetis. I liked that the indigenious people used monsters from myth and legend to scare away intruders to their home and the tree within.

EXACTLY. Really the only big thing Drake's Fortune would really benefit from would be the gameplay. And even then the gameplay was fun and FAR from broken.

The story was 100% fine as far as treasure hunting tales go and the graphics were awe inspiring. The details in the environment, the characters, and need I even bring up the water effects? Also how many times did you guys roll around in the water to see Nate get all wet and stuff...

:lol

How anybody can say Drake's fortune looks like crap is nothing short of insane. Or they need to upgrade and get an actual color TV.... :lecture

You can just compare to Uncharted 2 about how much worse the graphics are in 1. The environment is not very detailed at all actually, but that's typical of games released at that time. There's much more artistry in the later games, even the character designs look like something that artists are just figuring out how to do well.

Going from memory, I can't really remember how each game compared to each other graphically, or even how different gameplay might have been, but I do know that Drakes Fortune holds a special place in gaming for me.

If you played it when it came out, it was an amazing experience, but that was 7 years ago and games have improved greatly since then.

This is true, but I don't think it's fair to dock the game because of the natural progression of technology. A game's legacy should be based on how it affected gamers at the time it was released, influenced the genre, etc.

I only replayed DF last year, the only thing that annoyed me was the little clunky controls, graphics still look wicked to this day!

I only replayed DF last year, the only thing that annoyed me was the little clunky controls, graphics still look wicked to this day!

I'm the same, I didn't get a PS3 until late last year, I got it with all three Uncharted's and I played through all three at the same time. That was probably my best gaming experience I've ever had. I can't remember the last time a played a game or series that was so thrilling that I played all them at once lol

I'm the same, I didn't get a PS3 until late last year, I got it with all three Uncharted's and I played through all three at the same time. That was probably my best gaming experience I've ever had. I can't remember the last time a played a game or series that was so thrilling that I played all them at once lol

Me neither! always been a big Xbox and Halo fan, but for me The Uncharted series rivalled the Halo saga for me, and TLOU smashed it all!

This is true, but I don't think it's fair to dock the game because of the natural progression of technology. A game's legacy should be based on how it affected gamers at the time it was released, influenced the genre, etc.

That can be true, and there's games that are pretty old that I still enjoy playing even despite the graphics. I don't think Uncharted 1 is that way though. Things like how the levels repeat and the generally poor gameplay make me never want to play it again. I feel somewhat similar about the first Halo game, most of it is pretty great, but it repeats levels as well (much more than Uncharted) and has some nonsensical parts and I don't really want to play that one again either.

You can have a fun fictional adventure treasure hunting story, but this one is just incredibly stupid. And then on top of being very short, there's levels that are repeated, sometimes you even work your way from one end of an area to then have to work your way back. And then the jetski parts

Just go away, you seem like a bit troll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can just compare to Uncharted 2 about how much worse the graphics are in 1. The environment is not very detailed at all actually, but that's typical of games released at that time. There's much more artistry in the later games, even the character designs look like something that artists are just figuring out how to do well.

That seems like such a negative way to look at it. Why not say instead "look at how much better the graphics are in 2". Just because something is better, doesn't make the previous one bad.

Also I recently played the first game just last month, and it still looks incredible so I really don't know what to tell you. Obviously you and I are seeing completely different things when playing it so I don't think our opinions will change.

If you played it when it came out, it was an amazing experience, but that was 7 years ago and games have improved greatly since then.

As I said, I played it last month so.. :huh

Look at the picture in the link below of him looking over the ocean. Even though the picture isn't the greatest quality and you can tell it's a picture of their tv screen you can still see the beauty in the shot....
https://www.giantbomb.com/images/1300-592607

Last edited:
Turn around and then look at the level, it lacks the attention to detail that becomes standard for video games.

uncharted_sh1.jpg
Look at how his head isn't the right size for his body, his very ugly low-poly body.

uncharted_sh2.jpg
These beautiful clouds, when you look down at the ocean there's a nice tiled normal map

uncharted_sh3.jpg
Lack of shadows on anything at all, and very low detail plants.

And it ran horribly. Years later, we get Uncharted 3 which looks way better and has much higher performance.

Turn around and then look at the level, it lacks the attention to detail that becomes standard for video games.

View attachment 120924
Look at how his head isn't the right size for his body, his very ugly low-poly body.

View attachment 120923
These beautiful clouds, when you look down at the ocean there's a nice tiled normal map

View attachment 120922
Lack of shadows on anything at all, and very low detail plants.

And it ran horribly. Years later, we get Uncharted 3 which looks way better and has much higher performance.

Ok, seriously? Thats like comparing apples to oranges. Just ONE year and the technology and digital artistry can multiply exponentially. Take them how they came, at the time there was nothing else like them. Kinda of like Super Mario 3, it helped change everything else that was developed since its release as other companies and even the developer pushed the boundaries of the hardware.

Back