UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thank Jebus! :yess:

I can't believe it. This HD remake is happening all over again. And for games that don't need it!!

On the contrary, the Uncharted series is a prime candidate for a hardware boost. The games barely run at 30fps and a 60 fps update with proper post processing methods sounds way too good to pass up. The were tons of technical issues that plagued the series due to the games pushing the capabilities of the PS3.

There was a leaked 60fps gameplay footage of Uncharted 3 published by Eurogamer some years ago, it's jaw dropping.

i don't know how big Naughty Dog Studio is .. but can they Remaster all 3 games while they're working on a project (Uncharted 4)?

I'm a huge Uncharted and Naughty Dog fan (and I seriously don't say that lightly... some people have huge Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid collections, with everything known to man sourced from overseas..... I have Uncharted and The Last of Us)

But even I have to wonder how far this PS4 upgrade system is going to go. It worked well for PS2 to PS3 because (especially the first game in each trilogy) these were old games. People have barely wiped the sweat off the brow of Tomb Raider and TLoU, and they have had the upgrade treatment. Still.. I do have Tomb Raider on both formats. It was one of my first PS4 games, because I wanted a good visual adventure story game for PS4 (no Knack doesn't fit that bill, lol)... and I did more than I did on PS3, ie all the offline trophies. I will likely get The Last of Us, because of my collection..

And, I will probably get this... which will mean holding off on replaying the Trilogy on PS3 (which I try to do about once a year).. I have played an Uncharted game from start to finish over 20 times across all 4 games (including Golden Abyss), the record being UDF with 9 complete playthroughs. Maybe the tenth will be on PS4.. :) .. The flipside will be it will likely spoil my perfect Platinum trophy record lol... I'm 4 from 4, but I'm not sure about redoing Crushing on all 3 new games. I'll be saving my Crushing energy for Uncharted 4.. ;)

Same here, I platinumed 1-3, its not really hard to do though, so I might give it another try on PS4.

That would be a big waste of time I think, the first Uncharted didn't age well at all, not just graphics but every other area from gameplay to story. I'm not terribly interested in playing the others at 1080p.

That would be a big waste of time I think, the first Uncharted didn't age well at all, not just graphics but every other area from gameplay to story.

Can't agree with that at all. I've been playing Uncharted recently and while the gameplay definitely got refined since then with Uncharted 2 and 3, the graphics and story very much hold up today. Besides the screen tearing Drake's Fortune is still VERY much a beautiful game.

And the story is your classic treasure hunting tale, so yeah,...I can't at all agree.

Im hella down to play through Uncharted again,its the only one I never owned and the only one I havent played through multiple times. I say bring it on.

Can't agree with that at all. I've been playing Uncharted recently and while the gameplay definitely got refined since then with Uncharted 2 and 3, the graphics and story very much hold up today. Besides the screen tearing Drake's Fortune is still VERY much a beautiful game.

And the story is your classic treasure hunting tale, so yeah,...I can't at all agree.

The story is like a kid trying to write an Indiana Jones fanfic, the graphics design looks like they were still following methods from the previous generation, and there's some really hilarious things like how poorly Drake's head matches to his body when he's in the scuba outfit. Plus the whole game is really short

Is a simplistic, treasure hunting story that bad of a way to game though?... God knows I don't need Kojima taking a break from the MGS franchise to start writing and directing other Playstation exclusives.... and it's not as mind numbingly cliche'd or as stumbling as the Gears of War series...

To each their own, I loved UC1 to death. Before TLOU, it was my single most replayed game.

Is a simplistic, treasure hunting story that bad of a way to game though?... God knows I don't need Kojima taking a break from the MGS franchise to start writing and directing other Playstation exclusives.... and it's not as mind numbingly cliche'd or as stumbling as the Gears of War series...

You can have a fun fictional adventure treasure hunting story, but this one is just incredibly stupid. And then on top of being very short, there's levels that are repeated, sometimes you even work your way from one end of an area to then have to work your way back. And then the jetski parts

Im hella down to play through Uncharted again,its the only one I never owned and the only one I havent played through multiple times. I say bring it on.

I take it you're from the bay area too? I don't see that word used too often outside our region.

The story is like a kid trying to write an Indiana Jones fanfic, the graphics design looks like they were still following methods from the previous generation, and there's some really hilarious things like how poorly Drake's head matches to his body when he's in the scuba outfit. Plus the whole game is really short

Well the Indiana Jones movies themselves are pretty basic ....and the 4th one wouldn't even count as good fanfic.
You'd be hard pressed to claim any of them are especially well written. That was never the point, right? :)

I do agree that the first game would be better off being remade from scratch rather than a simple remastering. It was very clunky and is too far gone at this point.

There were some interesting things they were trying to do, but they didn't really develop fully until the later games. They even had fluid simulations for explosions, but because there wasn't enough power to do them they were incredibly low resolution which made them look bad.

You can have a fun fictional adventure treasure hunting story, but this one is just incredibly stupid. And then on top of being very short, there's levels that are repeated, sometimes you even work your way from one end of an area to then have to work your way back. And then the jetski parts

I think you just described God of War.... (less the jetski's.... although Kratos on a jetski would be an interesting sight..)

Back