1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if it wasn't clear that these are both currently displayed, but it IS a problem if people don't know what they're going to wind up with.
It seems absurd, but would Hot Toys actually test attendees reactions to help them select the superior sculpt? I would think it's pretty plain as to
which likeness is the way to go. The one on the left almost looks like a young Geena Davis made up like Maleficent!

What a mess, first the pre-order delay, then not shipping everywhere, now two different heads.

I've never had those issues the few times I've bought directly from SS.

Wow, they've got a good gig going... take a cheap figure, repaint it and sell for crazy money. It's funny... from the pictures it's not even that clean and precise of work. A major improvement over the stock figure... but I think someone like Silent Surfer could put a serious hurting on one of these and would probably sell for nothing :lol
Have never seen this guy's work, before, but have to disagree. I'm no painter, so perhaps your eye is picking-up sloppiness that I'm not seeing, but I think the work is amazing. The eyes, especially. He was able to bring out a pretty killer Jolie likeness, IMO.

On topic, HT's figure is really cool, too. Not a fan of the property, but this is a fun release and will look very cool on display. Love the flame accessories for her hands, especially.

Looks a little less like Angelina Jolie's Maleficent compared to the promo pics I think. It's even lost the subtle emotion, which I'm thinking is smugness (I can imagine her on the verge of smiling in the promo pics), that is shown on her face in the promo pics.

Of course, it's better to see more pics, plus this isn't released yet, but for now, I'm a bit disappointed in seeing a more blank stare, & likeness of the portrait I see here. For me, at this price, there was a comfort in thinking that at least the portrait was stellar. Without that, I think it's a pass.

Not something I am into but looks really good. I plan to try to get the bird wants parts are sold on ebay.

I put an actual movie still between the two earlier photos to give people a better idea of the discrepancies. I was really hoping to add a fantastic female character to my HT Collection and I have never been one to complain about minor inaccuracies the way some fans do, but this is sticking in my craw for some reason. I'll be disappointed if the one we wind up with is the blank, expressionless (and inferior, IMO) face on the left. It'd be the first HT I cancel. :(

I put an actual movie still between the two earlier photos to give people a better idea of the discrepancies. I was really hoping to add a fantastic female character to my HT Collection and I have never been one to complain about minor inaccuracies the way some fans do, but this is sticking in my craw for some reason. I'll be disappointed if the one we wind up with is the blank, expressionless (and inferior, IMO) face on the left. It'd be the first HT I cancel. :(

Have no fear! Verified by Sean Long

The one on the far left is a custom figure and the one to the far right is the Hot Toys one! Hope you're as happy as I am! :hi5:

24fw66w.jpg

Back