1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be a USA/NA thing because POs have been available in Asia since it was first announced on the HT FB page.

...and of course it has been up for PO on Ebay for over a month...even though the figure doesn't have a release window yet...I think it was listed right below an Avengers 2 Hot Toys Ultron figure...

This arrived with a whimper...unless people have simply yet to notice it being up for PO. I still think it looks beautiful, but I pictured it coming in around Black Widow prices at $189.99 or so. That may have to do with lisencing; however, both are Disney, so who knows. As far as the price goes, I think we'll be hard pressed to find many figures coming in at under $200 anymore, unfortunately.

As for final thoughts on the figure, this one seems a bit steep with a lack of any real accessories, or multiple head sculpts...and I'm sure it'd be even crazier had they added wings. That and the buzz has died down with the movie having come and gone so long ago. Some people have made posts on Facebook wondering why they're announcing/previewing characters from Guardians of the Galaxy before anyone has seen the movie, which confuses me. I'd have to think they get the most pre-orders (and or money from eventually cancelled NRDs) from people who see the movie and then come home and excitedly pre-order. I think they missed that boat with this one.

After waiting so long and carefully considering the lack of accessories I have decided not to pre-order.

The Maleficent threads should be merged. It's weird jumping between threads.

After waiting so long and carefully considering the lack of accessories I have decided not to pre-order.

Same here.

Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain. However, long wait --> not interested as much anymore.

No Maleficent = 1/2 of my funding for Lobo, yeeeee

Not available to Canada??? o_O

I tried to order but it won't let me because I'm in Canada.

I have never once 'nitpicked' or worried about a figure's likeness, but I couldn't help but notice the glaring discrepancy between these two photos. One is OMG's shot at ACG2014, and the other is a photo straight from the Hot Toys display currently at SDCC.

WHICH of these are we getting because there is NO way this is a simple lighting issue. These are two different heads, period. (I am hoping beyond hope that we're getting the one on the right!!!)

Back